New Jersey Boy, 16, Slips by Security, Climbs to Top of 1 World Trade Center to Take Photos

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NJmike PE

Game Czar
Reaction score
http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/Teenager-Climbs-World-Trade-Center-Spire-Security-Photos-Trespass-Freedom-Tower-251176781.html?_osource=SocialFlowFB_NYBrand

A New Jersey teenager fascinated by the construction of 1 World Trade Center scrambled though a hole in a fence at ground zero in the middle of the night and made his way past several layers of security to the top of the tower, where he took pictures for hours, according to a published report.

According to court papers obtained by the New York Post, the 16-year-old boy told authorities he canvassed the construction site and figured out the best way to get to the roof.

The teen then climbed the stairs to the 104th floor, where he passed a sleeping guard assigned to cover the top of the tower, got out to the roof and made his way up to the antenna, according to the Post.
Phenomenal. Good to know that when needed SG's are ready to do their job.

He wasn't caught until he was coming back down from his two-hour photo excursion.

TIME+-+1+WTC+Cover.jpg

That kid has some serious chutzpah. I can see him going far in life.

those pictures creep me the hell out, the chive posts them all the time, I think they are called NOPE!

Back