My Boss

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cement

gray haired dude
Reaction score
I referred to my incontinent boss in the past. well, I thought I was making a feeble play on words, but here is a direct quote from an email today:

------------

Sorry for the incontinence but it looks like we may get something that

is easier to work with.

Thanks

xxx xxxxxxx, P.E.

-------------

I really gotta watch where I step now.

:D

There was a guy here a few years ago that sent an e-mail similar to that out statewide.

Someone sent something similar company wide at my last job. I forget exactly what it said, but the phrasing of the rest of the letter kinda went with the incontinent bit. That guy got grilled for weeks.

A few years back ago when I was working on a high profile project that had a number of concerned citizens up in arms, someone sent out an e-mail to the tune of:

"I have reviewed the pubic participation plan and it appears to be lacking defined goals. I do not believe this will last long enough or be felt by enough people in the community."

Sometimes even spell check doesn't help you out :D

JR

Here's what my buddy's boss sent out today.......

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Monday, February 19, 2007 3:52:38 PM

To: AllEmployees

Subject: lawnmower repair

Auto forwarded by a Rule

I decided last night to increase our hourly billing rates to $88, $78 & $68 after getting a bill for a spring tune-up for my lawnmower. If they can charge $70/hour for some grease monkey with a high school education to sharpen lawnmower blades, we should be able to charge $68/hour to detail beam connections with millions of dollars of liability. This goes into affect for our upcoming show in 2 weeks.

XXXXXXXX, AIA

XXXXXX Design Studio, LLC

Madison, WI 53719-1091

608-XXX-XXXX

Last edited:
if they can charge $70/hour for some grease monkey with a high school education to sharpen lawnmower blades, we should be able to charge $68/hour to detail beam connections
bohnsai78, I have to agree w/ your boss on that one.

Back