Mustang II is 40!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Capt Worley PE

Run silent, run deep
Reaction score

Images Ford Motor Company
Designated as the “black sheep” of the Ford Mustang family, the Mustang II is making a comeback for Mustang enthusiasts. “While the first generation Mustangs are often restored to original condition, a higher percentage of Mustang IIs get modified with more powerful engines, better brakes and upgraded suspensions,” says John Clor, Ford Racing enthusiast content manager and Mustang historian. “People are finally recognizing the critical role that Mustang II plays in the pony car lineage,” he continues.

http://www.streetlegaltv.com/features/mustang-ii-forty-year-anniversary/

I remember way back, a kid in school had a "King Cobra". ooooohhhh

My wife had a '79 Mustang in highschool. Some people call them "rustangs", but her's actually was one. It was rust brown...

They sold a ton of the things, but I don't remember seeing very many of them after 1984 or so. Same deal with Pintos.

Last Mustang II I remember was one owned by a college buddy of mine. Last seen somewhere around 1989. Last Pinto I remember was around 1987. I helped a guy drop a 302 in it. It got wrapped around a tree not long after.

They sold a ton of the things, but I don't remember seeing very many of them after 1984 or so. Same deal with Pintos.
I was watching an old episode of Cannon on MeTV the other night. The "cool" guy was trying to pickup this girl and he was driving a Pinto wagon with the country squire faux wood paneling on the side. I got a good laugh out of that.

Yeah, but the Country squire was for gentried landowners down on their luck.

For picking up the ladies, the Pinto Cruising Wagon was the weapon of choice.

pinto_cruisesilver-1978.jpg-courtesy-loevofords.org_.jpg

stylin! How do hey get the surfboards to stand up like that with so little of the board in the sand?

can't tell. she's holding a guitar.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back