Morning Q. for Geotech

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EL Nica PE

Joda
Reaction score
A saturated soil has a void ratio =0.65 and specific gravity of the soils solid =2.69, The unit weight saturated of this soil is most nearly :

A)105.91 pcf

B)110 pcf

C)115.3 pcf

D)126.5 pcf

Last edited by a moderator:
UWsat=(Gs+e)UWwater/1+e

UWsat = ((2.69+.65)*62.4)/1+.65

UWsat = 126.31 pcf (D)

Did I miss something?

-GT

Geotech is my afternoon session and I am just starting to study it. I am trying to copy down each relationship as I find it in an effort to save some time. When I get done (3-5 days probably) I will post it in case anyone wants it.

-GT

Geotech is my afternoon session and I am just starting to study it. I am trying to copy down each relationship as I find it in an effort to save some time. When I get done (3-5 days probably) I will post it in case anyone wants it.
-GT
Wher are they?

Geotech is my afternoon session and I am just starting to study it.  I am trying to copy down each relationship as I find it in an effort to save some time.  When I get done (3-5 days probably) I will post it in case anyone wants it. 
-GT
Wher are they?
I will cut the sheet off mid-week and try to make it a bit neater. If you are willing to take my horrible handwriting and notes in the margins I can send you what I have now though.

Nica...are you a PM Geotech? If so, I have 1-2 questions I would like to bounce off of you.

Can someone help me with these...Im having a hard time with the difference from Weight and Mass...and saturated weights, and that stuff...

Can someone split them up and help me? Is weight the same as mass? If they say saturated in the problem, then that means S=1 right?

I think im having a HUGE brain fart...someone set me straight! :brick:

Last edited:
Geotech is my afternoon session and I am just starting to study it.? I am trying to copy down each relationship as I find it in an effort to save some time.? When I get done (3-5 days probably) I will post it in case anyone wants it.?
-GT
Wher are they?
I will cut the sheet off mid-week and try to make it a bit neater. If you are willing to take my horrible handwriting and notes in the margins I can send you what I have now though.

Nica...are you a PM Geotech? If so, I have 1-2 questions I would like to bounce off of you.
Yes. Geo for PM

Back