millenials dying their hair grey

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Road Guy

Reaction score
http://pix11.com/2016/02/04/millennials-dying-hair-gray-as-part-of-new-fashion-trend/

From man buns to lumberjack beards and normcore, the trend clock never stops.

Keeping with that theme, it appears young men are now opting to turn that clock forward, embracing the gray.

Millennials are dying their hair silver for a more mature look.

The trend – which is highly disputed on social media – was recently given a boost in validity by the New York Times, where the publication referred to two big names who recently went gray - Zayne Malik formerly of “One Direction” and Olympic Freestyle skier Gus Kenworthy both rocking gray hair.

The job – which will cost you between $300-$600 depending on where you go – involves stripping the natural hair color and then adding some silver tones.

What the hell? I've been going gray since 7th grade. I'm about 90% there. It was my thing. Now people are going to thing I'm trying to be trendy.

I've had some color added to tone down the "silver" to grey.  Is it going to be trendy to use electrolysis to create male-pattern baldness too.

I'm starting to get gray streaks around my temples. I like the silver hair look and I'd be ok with a cruella de'ville look, but I'm afraid I have 20 years of looking "tired" to go through first. I can understand why they might skip straight to gray.

Well, I hope the trend is just a trend, and goes as quickly as it came. Just doesn't look good seeing grey on a young face, imo.

35 and not greying yet...but my dad is in his 70s and is salt and pepper, not grey/silver...lovely Native American heritage.

My old boss told me I needed some gray hair before he would consider calling me a senior mechanical engineer.  I should've come into work the next day with my hair dyed.

If all these hipster douchebags got real jobs, they wouldn't have to pay for their grey hair (early 30's, and if the sides of my hair are any indicator, I should be a silver fox by 40...)

The sooner the better! Skinny jeans with a kardashianesque ass (only mines not fake) do not mix without looking trampy.

Picture...so we can see if you look hipster enough with grey hair and skinny jeans.
Matt what are you doing, those socks definitely don't match!

skinny-jeans-on-men.jpg

I saw a kid in the mall "busting a sag" while wearing skinny jeans. It was funny as hell. You can't be gangsta and hipster at the same time.

I guess they don't match with a big package either....at least not in public away from the male strip club.

Back