MERM 13 Practice Problem 54.26

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wopkins

Reaction score
Hey folks,

MERM 13 Practice Problem 54.26 is an AGMA spur gear tolerance problem. Given a number of teeth and circular pitch, what's the pitch tolerance for AGMA standard 2000 and AGMA quality number of 10?

The solution is basically "look at AGMA standard 2000".

I don't see this info in MERM or in any of its recommended books for the machine design exam (Mark's, Machinery's HB, Shigley's). Am I missing this info, somewhere in one of these books? Or am I just expected to have AGMA standards on hand...?

Thanks!

Looks like you are expected to have those tables... at least to work the MERM practice problems. No clue what to expect for the exam.

I *only* have the AGMA 2000 tables, since i happen to use these for work. Have had mixed results with the other AGMA tables referenced in the Practice Problems (2001, etc.). I *have* that reference, and couldn't figure out how they solved those 2 problems.

oops, I meant to say I am *only* familiar with the 2000 tables. I have both 2000 and 2001 references.

Back