Mac OS X 10.6 - Snow Leopard

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RIP - VTEnviro

His Memory Eternal
Reaction score
Ok, so I'll admit to not being particularly tech savvy, so maybe someone here has some advice.

I see that Mac has released a new version of their operating system. Apparently, Snow Leopard is basically a refinement of Leopard with some upgrades and fixes of glitches.

It's only $30, but I'm wondering if it's worth it?

Is it significantly better or faster than Leopard, which I'm perfectly happy with?

Any input from computer whizzes would be appreciated! :smash:

Ok, so I'll admit to not being particularly tech savvy, so maybe someone here has some advice.
I see that Mac has released a new version of their operating system. Apparently, Snow Leopard is basically a refinement of Leopard with some upgrades and fixes of glitches.

It's only $30, but I'm wondering if it's worth it?

Is it significantly better or faster than Leopard, which I'm perfectly happy with?

Any input from computer whizzes would be appreciated! :smash:
Snow Leopard sounds ten times more awesomer than Leopard, so I'd probably do it on that premise alone.

Think how cool this conversation would be:

"So, what's your OS?"

"Windows 7, what's yours?"

"Snow Leopard."

"You rock."

I bought it on Friday, but one of two things happened. Either I got a bad install disc (which I have seen reports of on the interwebs), or my optical drive on the Macbook is dying (equally possible since I've been having some issues with burning and watching DVDs). I will update when I finally get the upgrade installed. One of the features I am looking forward to is the seamless integration with Microsoft Exchange. I will finally be able to check my work email from my personal laptop and integrate my work calendar into OS X Calendar.

this-thread-is-gay.jpg

My advice, buy a PC

Snow Leopard sounds ten times more awesomer than Leopard, so I'd probably do it on that premise alone.
Think how cool this conversation would be:

"So, what's your OS?"

"Windows 7, what's yours?"

"Snow Leopard."

"You rock."

this-thread-is-gay.jpg

My advice, buy a PC
Agreed, sorry 'Leopard' & esp 'Snow Leopard' just really sound :ghey:

I bought it on Friday, but one of two things happened. Either I got a bad install disc (which I have seen reports of on the interwebs), or my optical drive on the Macbook is dying (equally possible since I've been having some issues with burning and watching DVDs). I will update when I finally get the upgrade installed. One of the features I am looking forward to is the seamless integration with Microsoft Exchange. I will finally be able to check my work email from my personal laptop and integrate my work calendar into OS X Calendar.
I'll probably pick it up today. I've heard some good things from friends that have gotten it. We'll see.

Back