Libya

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Road Guy

Reaction score
So whose on the hook to provide for the financing that will be needed when the rebels take over?

Im all for getting rid of a "tyrant" but I see a much larger problem looming on the horizon...

honestly I havent tracked this much through the media, but I just hope this isnt something else Joe Tax payer is going to foot the bill for...

So whose on the hook to provide for the financing that will be needed when the rebels take over?
Im all for getting rid of a "tyrant" but I see a much larger problem looming on the horizon...

honestly I havent tracked this much through the media, but I just hope this isnt something else Joe Tax payer is going to foot the bill for...
So do I. Fortunately, it appears (from what little I've heard) that the French seem to be taking the lead on this one.

So whose on the hook to provide for the financing that will be needed when the rebels Al Queda take over?
Fixed.
Which is why we (the US) need to stop directly interfering in the politics of other nations. We keep screwing things up.

Though I'm not sure how we stop thinks like genocide in that situation. I suppose we act within the confines of international organization's purview (ie, the UN) to stop those, but that frequently leads to this exact situation.

I didn't read the article, but Drudge had a headline that the Libyan "conflict" has cost the US $896 million, so far.

I didn't read the article, but Drudge had a headline that the Libyan "conflict" has cost the US $896 million, so far.
896 million from drudge? come on. is that total expense or the US portion? Libya has billions frozen in international accounts. Any comparisons need to be made against the cost of doing nothing which calls for speculation. Better to just wait and see.

Back