Kidnapped Girls - Nigeria

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Road Guy

Reaction score
http://www.cnn.com/2014/05/08/world/africa/nigeria-abducted-girls/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

I know we (the US) really cant, but I wish we could send a seal team or two or three, over there and totaly fuck these guys up (ala Clear & Present Danger Style) without the whole being sold out by your own country stuff like in the movie...

For all the things our military gets used for, I think all you have to do is show this guys videos and you would have more than enough volunteers. Id love to see these shitbags blown to bits by people that now what they hell they are doing (& actually are not unarmed women)..

I know this is a constant issue in Africa, and you cant solve all the problems but would love to see a fully supported clandestine military action to fuck these people up...

(watch the islamist terrorist video's if you dont know what I am talking about)

http://www.cnn.com/2014/05/08/world/africa/nigeria-abducted-girls/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

I know we (the US) really cant, but I wish we could send a seal team or two or three, over there and totaly fuck these guys up (ala Clear & Present Danger Style) without the whole being sold out by your own country stuff like in the movie...

For all the things our military gets used for, I think all you have to do is show this guys videos and you would have more than enough volunteers. Id love to see these shitbags blown to bits by people that now what they hell they are doing (& actually are not unarmed women)..

I know this is a constant issue in Africa, and you cant solve all the problems but would love to see a fully supported clandestine military action to fuck these people up...

(watch the islamist terrorist video's if you dont know what I am talking about)
you read my mind on this! I said the exact same thing. drop a SEAL team in there during the dark of night. 72 hours later dead militants and freed girls. I was quite disappointed to hear on the news this morning that we were sending military support, not because I don't want to see it, but to me that means that the chances of SF involvement is not slim to none.

Why can't we send in special forces?

I know this is a serious thread but I can't help it, I totally read that in the high pitched voice from the Ranger School song...

on a side note- so now we are sending troops to Africa and the Baltic region... have we even gotten to the point where we are out of the conflict in the sand box yet?

I really don't think the government would advertise the involvement of SF.

no but this wouldnt take much.... throw in a few drones and good airsupport this could be done pretty quickly. I assume we have some type of thermal imaging to scan through the jungle?

just cant stick around for any type of "police action/occupation/nation building" BS

MO is doing her part to bring international diplomacy credibility back to the White House since BO is off fundraising...

mosspf.jpg

http://downtrend.com/71superb/michelle-obama-makes-sad-duck-face-to-free-kidnapped-nigerian-schoolgirls/

no but this wouldnt take much.... throw in a few drones and good airsupport this could be done pretty quickly. I assume we have some type of thermal imaging to scan through the jungle?

just cant stick around for any type of "police action/occupation/nation building" BS
agreed.

I really don't think the government would advertise the involvement of SF.
See Somalia

That being said, my point wasn't as much about broadcasting the involvement of the SF, as it was the mere military involvement. IMO, just stating that we have boots on the ground puts the SF at a disadvantage because these toolbags now expect something

I dont know, but I tried to get into the Marines but the recruiter said my GT score was too high (whatever that means)

Last edited by a moderator:
You are too smart to be brainwashed into being a killer/menacing mentality?

I'm pretty sure the only reason we're getting involved in this is so we can gather intelligence on Boko Haram. The rescue effort is a secondary mission. A US general said this morning that by now the girls have likely been dispersed even across the Nigerian border, so I assume this implies we'll be raiding multiple encampments internationally and taking prisoners for "questioning".

It's Obama's continuation of the War on Terror without the Bush name association.

The US wants the Nigerian Warlord to think that the US thinks the girls are already across the border so they will think they already have time....

Of course Nigeria should be able to take care of this themselves without help....

The US wants the Nigerian Warlord to think that the US thinks the girls are already across the border so they will think they already have time....

Of course Nigeria should be able to take care of this themselves without help....
That's a lot of thinking and assuming going on.

and you know what happens when you assume...

assume-300x240.jpg

Back