Kentucky Floating Restaurant Sinks Into River

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NJmike PE

Game Czar
Reaction score
https://gma.yahoo.com/kentucky-floating-restaurant-sinks-river-191247125--abc-news-topstories.html

“We’ve been hit by runaway barges. We’ve been hit by a tugboat. We’ve been hit by a runaway iceberg,” Ruby told ABC News today. “I almost lost an employee last year when an iceberg hit us.”

“A lot of nostalgic diners messaged me on Twitter, telling me they met their husband or wife there. They had their wedding there,” Ruby said.

He hopes to bring back his riverfront restaurant, only this time it will be on land.

“It’s sexy to dine in a floating restaurant, but it’s not safe sex,” Ruby said. “It’s better to just dine on land and have the view.”
It's sexy!

Yeah, technically it's in Kentucky, but it (was) in Covington which is basically Cincinnati. Jeff Ruby is a bit odd and can be a bit of a douche sometimes, but he does know how (hire guys) to cook a great steak. It was in the news a lot for a while there, breaking loose and floating away, getting hit, etc. He'd already decided to ditch it and go with a restaurant on land instead so it's just another barge on the Ohio River that is half submerged, and there are plenty of those.

Back