I've been robbed!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goodal

Reaction score
Mondays usually suck anyways, but when we got to the office this morning someone had taken a crowbar to two doors. They stole our office information portal (46" LED TV we used to watch fox news and Cardinals games on) and my .357 revolver i kept in my desk. The office is next door to a housing project so we are reasonable sure they are sitting over there somewhere, but we will probably never see them again. Live and Learn. We are getting the security system beefed up today or tomorrow.

sorry to hear that badal...hope you filed a police report asap with the gun so you aren't pulled out of your house in the middle of the night and dragged to the police department because your gun was used in a crime.

At least it was your office and not your house. It happened to my house about 2 weeks ago. They got a TV, but luckily they didn't find the gun safe.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to hear that. x2 on getting your firearm reported to the local law! You may get lucky enough to get it returned down the road (it happened to my ma).

Just to add some cheer...a bumper sticker I saw this morning on the back of a car. "My other auto is .45"

That really does suck Badal...and one day away from the start of cardinals spring training, better get that tv replaced quickly! I'd get that 357 info to the cops as quickly as possible, might be the best way to nail those SOB's! Best of Luck!

At least it was your office and not your house. It happened to my house about 2 weeks ago. They got a TV, but luckily they didn't find the gun safe.
Damn dude, you got to be the most robbed guy I know :blink2:

Why do you need a .357 revolver in your desk?

You must have some tough clients?
Lol, this is a good question, curious to here the answer.. :popcorn:

We frequently come in early and leave late. Our office is near an apartment complex that has a bad vibe and there is alot of foot traffic from there to the nearby liquors stores (yea I know, we need to move). Luckily they have to walk past our office AND the police station to get to the liquor store. That is a little bit of comfort. Plus, we are all gun nuts and thought it would be a great idea to have a gun at the office. Someone else can donate the office gun next time though.

Damn dude, you got to be the most robbed guy I know :blink2:
It didn't happen again...I was referring to the same break-in. The other time I was robbed was when I was selling my other house in 2010.

There are a number of suites in the office and ours is the only one they tried to get into. They rifled through all the drawers and ripped the tv off the wall. So far nothing else is missing. I had the gun in a case under some files in a desk drawer. It wasn't exactly screaming "steal me". We have no real leads other than some unfounded suspicions and circumstantial evidence.

Back