India > North Korea

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Capt Worley PE

Run silent, run deep
Reaction score
India test-fired a nuclear-capable, long-range missile capable of reaching deep inside China and Europe Thursday, television stations showed, putting the emerging Asian power into an elite club of nations with intercontinental nuclear defense capabilities.

A scientist at the launch site said the launch was successful, minutes after television images showed the rocket blasting through clouds from an island off India's east coast.

Footage showed the rocket, with a range of more than 3,100 miles, blasting through clouds from an island off India's east coast. The defense minister said the test was "immaculate."
It is going to be interesting to see how this affects the balance of power in the region.

http://worldnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/04/18/11275632-india-test-fires-china-killer-missile-capable-of-reaching-beijing-europe#comments

I dont really understand why India needs a 3 stage rocket unless they are using it to get on the UN security counsel. I think everyone has resigned to the fact that at some point India and Pakistan are going to duke it out with a winner take all kind of finish.

^^Did you notice the outline of the missile range? All of China and most of Russia.

Having the weapon/rocket and the balls to use it are two very different things. I dont think anyone, beyond Pakistan, is up at night worrying about the Indian Military.

Is this a military advancement ...yes, but mostly a bargaining chip for political advancement.

Back