Ideas of How to get rid of voles?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snickerd3

Taking suggestions
Reaction score
We have a vole problem out front in our yard...darn little things are right next to some of my favorite plants and I need to get rid of them.

Any ideas?

I have lots of moles around yard for years. I think that they have won, but I have heard that fruit stripe gum works pretty well. I have tried steel traps, poison, lemon juice, gas, smoke, and fire. They are very tough little creatures. Good luck??

get a couple cats from the pound, keep them mainly outdoor cats and just feed them enough so they dont get fat and lazy.

if they run away, go get more, no shortage of cats out there!

alg-murry-caddy-jpg.jpg

voles can still be eaten by a cat yes? thats really the only purpose cats serve

we don't encourage the wildlife...it will only bring more of it. Seriously, leaving food out for cats will bring a whole new group of animals to the yard.

Our neighbors had a cat that kept the vole population down. when it died we had voles all over. we used poison and rat traps. seemed to have worked.

shave one half, light the other half on fire, then stab em with an ice pick when they come running out.

wait, that's crabs. what's a vole?

get a couple cats from the pound, keep them mainly outdoor cats and just feed them enough so they dont get fat and lazy.

Cat pee keeps most rodents away. What the cats don't eat will get scared off.

Human pee is less effective and you get funny looks from the neighbors. :blush:

Human pee is less effective and you get funny looks from the neighbors. :blush:

My wife frowns on it, too. "Just watering the red tips, honey!"

Back