History of EB.com

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sapper PE LS

Aspiring Couch Potato
Reaction score
Lots of new (or relatively) folks on the board and many probably don't know the story of how this board came to be.

It all started after the April exam of '06 (pronounced "ought-6" as if a grand pappy were telling this story). Road Guy and a number of other clowns were tired of the oppression they faced at the PPI forums when posting threads about sammiches and other lunch time fare. So Road Guy created a fledgling board on invision that had some funky web address that started with z7 or something like that. He posted a link to it on PPI and before long there were like four or five members. Among the very first were JoeysVee and DVINNY, who were made moderators and / or administrators.

Within a week the count was up to a staggering 32 members. That 32nd member was yours truly. We began posting all kinds of crazy things and basically having fun... Oh and we studied and began collaborating in tips tricks and the color of the NCEES pencil as well. There was an epic thread about whether a plane on a conveyor belt would fly and it will for those of you who care to know. And before we knew it, the board had over a hundred members. We also spent a fair amount of time posting links to this site on PPI's forum until we all got permabanned and even had a post by the owner of PPI himself calling us a garage band of monikers. We posted comparison charts of our Internet traffic to PPI's and enjoyed a raucous laugh from time to time about the old days.

When the first round of results came out, DVINNY created a passing banner forever commemorating the achievement of those who had succeeded, while the rest of us compared our failure reports to try to determine the cut score, only to later realize that effort was completely pointless and would become the bane of this boards post results season for years to come.

As the years grew on, several of us have stuck around, met in person, gotten to know each other through the years and have helped support younger generations of engineers seeking licensure. We still like to joke around and have fun, but we are still ultimately here to help people pass the PE exams.

Last edited by a moderator:
You know, several of my aliases are still valid over at 'the other place' but is their forum still there?

Man the trebuchets!

I have a username over there, but I'd be hard pressed to remember the password and the account was linked to a fake e-mail. Is there a recover password option for that scenario?

We also exist to badger help people waiting for results.

Speaking of which... :w00t: I passed!

(in 2008)

csb

Member Since 28 Sep 2007

It is totally appropriate to buy me anniversary gifts for my five year. Be sure to purchase them via the Amazon link.

I think my "Box of Rocks" name still works

well, maybe not today..

PPI Forums
This bulletin board is currently closed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back