Grounding

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eng.dork

Reaction score
Does anyone have any really good materials on grounding and resistance grounding for the afternoon Power? The materials that I have are not very good on this topic.

Does anyone have any really good materials on grounding and resistance grounding for the afternoon Power? The materials that I have are not very good on this topic.
As far as I can remember that was not a subject of any questions on the afternoon-Power. I do remember a question related for the morning question, I cannot tell you exactly what it was, but I can tell you that the NEC was more than enough to answer it and did not take me much 30 seconds.

I am trying to say here, don't sweat on this too much.

alright thanks. When I took the exam in April there wasn't a grounding question on that...at least I can't remember.

I think that IEEE 80 has everything related to Grounding. It is not a bad thing to have it with you during the test, even if you don't use it. I mean, it will not harm you but maybe can give you the extra point you need to pass.

Best wishes my friend!!!!!! Keep it up!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
A cohort loaned me several book versions on Interpreting the NEC, which I found pretty helpful with regards to grounding practices. It looked like they were written for 8th graders, with diagrams and pictures & such, but that actually worked pretty well for me. Mine actually referenced older NEC revs. Might try that for a few points.

I did a presentation on transformer neutral grounding resistors a while back that I'll try to find. Kind of high-level overview but it may help.

Back