google nerds

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Road Guy

Reaction score
so I'm trying to figuring out a way to work around my no USB issue at work I figured I would use my google drive.

no matter how many times I log in correctly it gives me this screen:

I wonder if work is blocking this site as well? normally it gives the red x screen of death if you go to a blocked site?

I have not checked it on a non work PC yet.. fucking irritating!

But I can access anything else under the google square thing here except the drive?-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------||||||||

Untitled.png

I don't have the answer to your questions, but if you can't get google drive to work, maybe dropbox will. But, if the company is concerned about security, I would bet that dropbox is also blocked.

yeah I can still get to drop box, I just hate the way drop box works!  may have to be stuck with it though..

odd I am having to work around to do actual work!

we are prohibited from using any of those cloud type sites.  We have to use our state ftp site.  but they haven't taken the USB away yet.

Question, when you click the "dot cluster" near the upper right-hand corner of the page, can you access all your other Google services like Calendar, Gmail, etc.? Or do you receive the same notification for those services as well?

Also, what happens when you click the photo icon for the user account? Is the correct Google account shown?

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you using Chrome or IE/Edge?

I have heard that Microsoft products can cause crazy issues with Google items.

But, your company's network might also be blocking it.

KF- yes I can access all the other google things like calendar, youtube, Play, photos, etc?? & its the correct account, I tried some other google accounts I have and its the same thing?

Were not on chrome so maybe that's it? but I cant change that from microsoft. its weird that I can access drop box though. I have a private account there I use for some clients who are FTP

I have an FTP site for this website somewhere I can probably use if I had to..

It doesn't seem like they are blocking cloud storage sites otherwise DropBox would likely be inaccessible too. However, it's also possible that your IT group has specifically singled out Google drive as being problematic and does not allow access to it. But as you said, typically that wouldn't even allow you to navigate to the primary drive site.

You could try resetting IE to the default settings but use CAUTION, as this could change settings for some of the other websites you access (both internal & external) as well.

Reset.png

Echo what kevo said with having issues with IE and various Google services. 

My first question was going to be whether you could access other file storing sites (the Gov't network has all of them blocked) but if you can still get to Dropbox than I guess that answers that.

Can you put the Google Drive app on your phone and see if that works (Gov't has blocked the app too BTW)?

I forgot to check it at the house last night.  I can get it on my phone but its a personal phone...  I think it may be something with our IE version.

I know my kids all use Google drive for school projects so I am assuming it must just be something on this GD PC

I am assuming it must just be something on this GD PC
putersmash.gif

Back