Ever ship your pants?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Capt Worley PE

Run silent, run deep
Reaction score
Sophomoric? Silly? Or a smart strategic move?

The jury is out on a new Kmart ad that uses slight of mouth to promote a free shipping service. The online video shows customers who exclaim that they are going to "ship their pants" through a Kmart delivery program -- but it sounds as if they are using a vulgar word that rhymes with ship.

Some social media users have deemed the ad, created by the Draftfcb Chicago agency, "gross" and "vulgar," while many gave kudos to Kmart for having an edgy sense of humor.

But even with the negative comments, Kmart got what it wanted: Millions of potential shoppers now know that it offers free shipping for member of its "Shop Your Way" program when the product they want isn't in the store.

News networks such as CNN's HLN are reporting on the controversial ad, while the official YouTube video from Kmart has garnered more than 7.6 million views as of early afternoon Monday.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2013/04/15/kmart-ship-my-pants-commercial-ad/2084131/

Were you itching for the board to re-open so you could post about shipping your pants?

^You know I was.

I've been holding back on shipping my pants since 9am, and couldn't hold it any more.

Pretty sure I never shipped my pants, but I have pssst'ed in someones ear.

It got their attention.

Never try to ship your pants in bulk. You'll end up with Hulk Sized Delivery on your doorstep.

I've shipped two pants in one delivery before, but had to return one because it was too big. Is that ok?

Didn't Sears and Kmart have some buyout/merger some years back?

This huge BM probably resulted in a lot of pants shipping.

Back