EU bans claim that water can prevent dehydration

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Capt Worley PE

Run silent, run deep
Reaction score
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/eu/8897662/EU-bans-claim-that-water-can-prevent-dehydration.html

EU officials concluded that, following a three-year investigation, there was no evidence to prove the previously undisputed fact.Producers of bottled water are now forbidden by law from making the claim and will face a two-year jail sentence if they defy the edict, which comes into force in the UK next month.
And silly me has been stocking up on water lately. Now I need to see the other study that the EU has telling people what they should drink to prevent dehydration.

Looks like more of just a covering their ass sort of thing from lawsuits. For those people that go on starvation diets and only have sip or two of water...hey the bottle said it is supposed to prevent dehyradation. I had some and still became de hyrated

Well, not to defend their stupid arses, but.....

When I was competing in bodybuilding shows, I would purposely bring myself to the brink of dehydration on show days. The less water under the skin, the 'tighter' one looks, etc. etc.

I would use WATER to dehydrate myself. I know it sounds crazy at first, but it works.

The way to keep hydrated, involves having the proper electrolyte balance with proper amount of water intake and carbs to form glycogen, along with proper amount of sugar to induce the insulin response that drives the glycogen into the cells.

^^^^ That was my short answer.

Back