Engineer first to face criminal charges in 2010 BP spill

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

knight1fox3

Jedi MASTER & Friend of Capt. Solo
Reaction score
Interesting.

/>http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/04/24/11372699-engineer-first-to-face-criminal-charges-in-2010-bp-spill?lite/

They are grasping at straws by trying to nab him on a technicality. He didn't have anything to do with the spill, but did (admittedly stupidly) delete evidence after having been told not to.

ummm, I thought everyone kinda just knows that even if you delete those things off your phone, there is SOME record out there... maybe he just needed the memory space on his phone?!? sorry, I am sure we don't have all the details but it bugs me when things come off as the person is guilty as charged in the media prior to a trial. And it does look like he's going to get thrown under the bus.

He's not going to be the last...They'll find their Captain Hazelwood and parade him out.

yeah big win for the Justice Department! guy didnt have anything to do with the spill, but stupidly deleted eveidence.. I hope you really dont get 20 years for this....

*Goes back and deletes EB.com posts regarding spill size estimates*

He's not going to be the last...They'll find their Captain Hazelwood and parade him out.
I'd be curious to find the mental giant that didn't think it necessary to run a cement bond log on the production casing cement. BP was shortcutting everything to try & get that well finished. They knew they had a helluva play there for it being a wildcat well.

Back