Do I change to construction

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

khaled_eid

Reaction score
Hi I need an urgent advise I should attend the October exam in structural module but I was advised that the construction module is much more less complicated and only few material reuquired.

I have the CERM and the Ruwan book Civil pe professional Engineer Exam are these 2 enough ?

If you read through some of the other threads in this section, you'll see that the construction module is just as difficult as the others if you're not familiar with the subject material to begin with (especially when switching topics 2 weeks before the exam). For me the CERM, the OSHA regs, the MUTCD, and a crane/rigging book were what I used and coupled with the 3 years of hands-on construction experience seemed to be enough.

Hi I need an urgent advise I should attend the October exam in structural module but I was advised that the construction module is much more less complicated and only few material reuquired.I have the CERM and the Ruwan book Civil pe professional Engineer Exam are these 2 enough ?
So did you sign up for the structural module when you registered? If so, you can't change it - at least based on the ncees website.

Civil
The PM exam book for the PE Civil exam will be split into five individual books. Examinees taking this exam will have to choose their PM module when registering with NCEES. On exam day, PE Civil examinees will receive only the PM module they selected when registering.

Hi I need an urgent advise I should attend the October exam in structural module but I was advised that the construction module is much more less complicated and only few material reuquired.I have the CERM and the Ruwan book Civil pe professional Engineer Exam are these 2 enough ?
So did you sign up for the structural module when you registered? If so, you can't change it - at least based on the ncees website.

Civil
The PM exam book for the PE Civil exam will be split into five individual books. Examinees taking this exam will have to choose their PM module when registering with NCEES. On exam day, PE Civil examinees will receive only the PM module they selected when registering.
Yes I sign up with PM structural but I remeber in the CERM it say you can shift to any PM module you like I need to look up again in the site

Civil
Yes I sign up with PM structural but I remeber in the CERM it say you can shift to any PM module you like I need to look up again in the site
I think this is the first time they are splitting the exam book up into individual modules. If I read that correctly, you will only be given the module you selected when you registered and are not able to change.

What did you register for?

That's what you will be taking. Obviously you should prepare for it.

You are pretty much bound at this point to the depth module you signed up for. Also, it's too late to start second guessing yourself now. You only have 2 weeks left, keep plugging away on the structural.

And look on the bright side, at least this way you can no longer waste time reading over each depth section before picking one on exam day.

I don't think NCEES revised policy is included in the CERM. Effective this October, you will be given the only one module that you signed up. you will not get a book of all PM module like before.

I don't think NCEES revised policy is included in the CERM. Effective this October, you will be given the only one module that you signed up. you will not get a book of all PM module like before.
Hi all

You all agree that it will be too alte to change the thing that encourge me to that change is that the refrence books for the structure depth are too much you got codes for 3 diffrent desing material you go many other topics anyway I will concentrate in structure as you all said .

Thanks

Back