Day 9 Manhunt for Trooper Slaying Suspect

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NJmike PE

Game Czar
Reaction score
http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/national-international/Day-9-Begins-in-Hunt-for-Trooper-Slaying-Suspect-275924011.html?_osource=SocialFlowFB_NYBrand

Nine days after a gunman went on a deadly ambush at a state police barracks, authorities said Sunday they have recovered one of the weapons he was carrying and believe they are hot on his trail as he travels on foot through rugged forests in northeastern Pennsylvania.
How is it nine days in and they still haven't caught this guy? Why hasn't POTUS ordered drone strikes on the area?

those woods are thick as shit and if he knows the area I could see him holding up for a while... remember Eric Robert Rudolph? I loved taking kids backpacking on the AT (similar terrain) but was always afraid if one wondered off cause its easy to get lost... hopefully he will fall and break his leg and die a slow suffering death over a couple of days before he is found

so is this guy still on the loose? I haven't seen any news stories on him lately since the ebola thing

Yes. They found a few pipe bombs, an AK 47 scattered throughout the woods, and even spotted him a few times but from different Ridgelines. They claim to be closing in on him though

I'm not sure how close this is to the Appalachian Trail. However there have been lots of criminals known to disguise themselves as through hikers and let the Appalachian Trail serve as a source of food as well as concealment

Just boggles my mind that it took this long.
to the credit of law enforcement. It looks like this guy was pretty savvy (however twisted) and had planned this thing for a long time. This is a real-life Criminal Minds episode, proving once again that truth is stranger than fiction and also that people suck.

Back