Best Geotech Book

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LakersFreak

Reaction score
I've taken the PE twice and failed twice, so frustrating!!!! Perhaps I have the wrong books! What is a good book / textbook covering all geotech sections??? NEED HELP PLEASE!

I've taken the PE twice and failed twice, so frustrating!!!! Perhaps I have the wrong books! What is a good book / textbook covering all geotech sections??? NEED HELP PLEASE!
I have not passed the exam yet, but i think Principles of Foundation Engineering and Principles of Geotechnical Engineering by Das are both good books. They seem to be in line with the Civil Engineering Reference Manual as well. Foundation Analysis and Design by Bowles is an additional source but i have found it a little over my head. But i am not a geotech. Anyway...my 2 cents!

I have not passed the exam yet, but i think Principles of Foundation Engineering and Principles of Geotechnical Engineering by Das are both good books. They seem to be in line with the Civil Engineering Reference Manual as well. Foundation Analysis and Design by Bowles is an additional source but i have found it a little over my head. But i am not a geotech. Anyway...my 2 cents!
I agree. I used these three for my Geo PM and passed. I mostly used the DAS texts but used Bowles for 1 or 2 problems that needed a bit more detail.

Back