Author Vince Flynn dead at 47

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Capt Worley PE

Run silent, run deep
Reaction score
MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO/AP) – Best-selling author Vince Flynn, who wrote the Mitch Rapp counterterrorism thriller series and sold more than 15 million books in the U.S. alone, died Wednesday in Minnesota after a more than two-year battle with prostate cancer, according to friends and his publisher. He was 47.

Flynn died Wednesday morning at United Hospital in St. Paul. He was surrounded by about 35 relatives and friends who prayed the Rosary, said longtime family friend Kathy Schneeman.

At 27, Flynn quit a high-paying corporate job to become a bartender at O’Garas and work on his first book. It took him three years to write. Publishers sent him 60 rejection letters.

“There were times at O’Gara’s when I got another rejection letter and I thought, ‘What am I doing? Why am I doing this?” Flynn said in a 2007 interview.

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2013/06/19/mn-author-vince-flynn-dies-at-47/

Don't think I've read any of his stuff, but I've seen his books on the bestsellers lists.

Back