Archaeologists Officially Declare Collective Sigh Over “Paleo Diet”

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Capt Worley PE

Run silent, run deep
Reaction score
http://hells-ditch.com/2012/08/archaeologists-officially-declare-collective-sigh-over-paleo-diet/

Best part of the article:

When asked what she would tell people who wished to pursue a true paleolithic diet, Dr. Hoyes laughed harshly before replying. ”You really want to be paleo? Then don’t buy anything from a store. Gather and kill what you need to eat. Wild grasses and tubers, acorns, gophers, crickets- They all provide a lot of nutrition. You’ll spend a lot of energy gathering the stuff, of course, and you’re going to be hungry, but that’ll help you maintain that lean physique you’re after. And hunting down the neighbor’s cats for dinner because you’ve already eaten your way through the local squirrel population will probably give you all the exercise you’ll ever need.”

The paleo concept doesn't require you to purchase anything from "diet scammers"... and usually if it says "PALEO" on the package, it's not.

If this works for someone, then they need to go with it. I don't know a single "paleo person" myself included that does not occasionally induldge in a big huge bowl of pasta, never ever has a soda and plenty will enjoy their fair share of CABS, most of us are flexible and accept that we aren't living as cavemen, therefore we can't actually eat like they really did. But it's a fun way to explain the goals and teach people what they should be striving to fuel up on.

It's actually disappointing how mainstream this concept became, eventually people will move on to a new concept, but there will still be a few of us left that found these eating habits to be the best for our own individual bodies.

1236291_608992892484334_1671878171_n.jpg

^ We've tried to since the 70's, especially the part where you're supposed to eat a bunch of grain and minimize protein intake. I assume that's why we're a fat country.

And people think that engineers are nerds?

A paleoethnobotanist, biostatistician,and a bioarchaeologist all walk into a bar.......

^ We've tried to since the 70's, especially the part where you're supposed to eat a bunch of grain and minimize protein intake. I assume that's why we're a fat country.

Extreme laziness is why we're a fat country.

Back