Anyone see the Biggest Loser winner?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I watched some of it when LadyFox had it on but didn't see the ending as I was working on homework.

It seems when you're in the spotlight and weight is the issue, you're damned if you do, damned if you don't.

She does look pretty thin.

I had to LOL at her 'hearbreaking backstory.' It sounded like a tale of teenaged dumbassery to me.

I weep for western civilization that that show is still on.

For $250k, I'd come out of that show looking like Christian Bale in The Machinist.

How tall is she anyway? Most female swimmers I know, if all they did was cut the carb level after ending their competitive career, would easily slip down to 105. That weight is fine with me.

She can say that, but I don't buy it...she's a trainwreck I'm predicting she's going to balloon back up in about a year or so.

The show's on On Demand now so I went ahead and watched this season. If you watch her backstory she was always thin and a competitive swimmer. She got dumped by a boy and she blew up. She latched on to the show and that became her focus. Now that the show and attention is going away I'm betting the first excuse she gets she's going to start another nose dive.

She can say that, but I don't buy it...she's a trainwreck I'm predicting she's going to balloon back up in about a year or so.

The show's on On Demand now so I went ahead and watched this season. If you watch her backstory she was always thin and a competitive swimmer. She got dumped by a boy and she blew up. She latched on to the show and that became her focus. Now that the show and attention is going away I'm betting the first excuse she gets she's going to start another nose dive.
maybe, and I should say up front that I didn't watch it at all, but I wonder how much she'll actually let herself go. Don't the trainers stay in touch with them to some point? Plus, I thought that the winners usually get brought in for promotional purposes.

I don't watch but by happen chance I tuned in 10 sec before thwey announced her as winner. I remarked to Mrs. goodal that that woman did not look healthy.

Other winners and contestants are starting to talk about what's going on behind the scenes. Sounds like a college wrestling team from 1982. Lots of dehydration tricks and what not.

really? It's a shame because when produced properly, that show could be a great motivational tool. I think it may be time to give it the axe :behead:

I'd still like to know where all the extra skin is on these contestants are (from any season)...thats a lot of weight lost in a short period of time...or did the producers already pay for the surgeries to get rid of it.

The winners seem to be extreme, but I read an article about Rueben Studdard and it seems like it was a very positive experience for him...he lost 120#. He started at 460+.

I'm guessing there's a sweet spot to be booted from the show...where you've lost a lot of weight, but you're not hyperfocused on being the biggest loser.

Back