Anybody out there ski?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goodal

Reaction score
The wife wants to go on a skiing expedition for our 10th anniversary next year. We've been to Whistler in Vancover (courtesy of a rep) and loved it. We arent too bad at skiing and would like a cool place to ski and hang out when we get tired of the slopes. I'm sure I couldn't afford to go to Canada again, so does anyone have suggestions for a nice ski trip within in the continental US during January?

The wife wants to go on a skiing expedition for our 10th anniversary next year. We've been to Whistler in Vancover (courtesy of a rep) and loved it. We arent too bad at skiing and would like a cool place to ski and hang out when we get tired of the slopes. I'm sure I couldn't afford to go to Canada again, so does anyone have suggestions for a nice ski trip within in the continental US during January?

Houston?

My vote for affordable would have to be Winter Park or Steamboat in Colorado, with Winter Park being the more affordable of the two. Three mountains to ski and a little bit of something for everyone. Not a bad drive up from Denver International Airport.

^ great idea! Winter Park tends to get more snow, has a neat old town and a killer tubing hill in Fraser.

My vote for affordable would have to be Winter Park or Steamboat in Colorado, with Winter Park being the more affordable of the two. Three mountains to ski and a little bit of something for everyone. Not a bad drive up from Denver International Airport.
Steamboat all the way. Winterpark is cool, Copper is nice too. There's only a few places on the I-70 corridor in CO that aren't good. I would avoid Keystone or Loveland. I've gone skiing/snowboarding every year between 1990 to 2004. I stopped once my son was born, but plan on resuming once my youngest turns 3 (this next year).

When I was a youngin' coming to CO fro spring breaks with my mom, I loved Breckenridge, Steamboat and Crested Butte. They aren't all that cheap anymore, but the towns are cool. I agree that Winter Park is gonna be the best bang for the $, and the town is cool.

2304803069_a96db7197d_o.jpg

Try looking into the ski lodges in MT. There are some really nice ones that are a decent price. Plus you can hit some of the hot spas that are also located in the area.

Back