Any One Heard From GA Board?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

cdnEngr

I submitted my application to write the PE exam to the GA board, before the June 1, 2009 deadline.

I checked their website and found out that my application is still awaiting board review.

Just wondering if anyone is in the same situation?

I submitted my application to write the PE exam to the GA board, before the June 1, 2009 deadline.
How is it that you were able to apply for the PE exam prior to knowing if you had passed the FE exam?

Wish I'd known it was possible.

It was a calculated risk.

I already have the experience and a P.Eng. license from another country. After I submitted my 1st PE application, the GA board asked me to take FE exam. I unsuccessfully tried to get a waiver.

I was given 4 consecutive offerings. I missed the 4 offerings, and got another four offerings. April 2009 was the final offering, and I decided to "bite the bullet" and take the exam.

My hope was that if I did not pass, the board will allow me 3 more offerings. If I passed, then I will be allowed to sit the PE in October.

I'm still waiting for their decision, and the registration deadline is getting closer.

I seem to remember the approval from the board didn't occur until right before the deadline to register for exam when I took it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I already have the experience and a P.Eng. license from another country.
My situation is similar. I also have a foreign engineering degree and license, but I decided to take the FE exam because I will want to obtain the PE license in other states (comity), and I understand this might be difficult or impossible w/o the EIT license.

So I took the test and somehow passed it 27 years after my eng. degree. Now I'm preparing the paperwork to apply for the April PE test.

I just hope they don't ask for copies of my transcripts since CPEES kept the copies they received, and it cost me hundreds of dollars to obtain the documents, have them translated and sent to CPEES, etc. If I have to do this again it may take a few months...

BTW, roadwreck, I also received notification of approval to take the FE exam just days before the ELSES deadline.

Snail, in my case.

BTW, did you have to get your credentials evaluated by CPEES?

And a question to anybody who has applied for a PE test in Georgia: Did you have to get your school to send transcripts to the GA Board when applying for the PE exam, in addition to having done the same for the FE exam?

And a question to anybody who has applied for a PE test in Georgia: Did you have to get your school to send transcripts to the GA Board when applying for the PE exam, in addition to having done the same for the FE exam?
If you sent your transcripts to the GA board for the FE, you should not have to send it again for the PE. It should still be in their files.

They still had mine and so I did not have to re-send my transcripts. I had also requested that they hang on to it after my FE application. I attended universities in English-speaking countries so all my transcripts were in English.

You can go to their website to check on the status of your application.

I'm still gathering the paperwork to apply for the PE exam (aiming for April 2010), and my FE-related information disappeared from their website once I passed the FE exam, but I'll be sure to check it when I send in all the documents for the PE exam application.

Back