Architectural or Electrical (Power) PE Exam?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KSU-ARE

Reaction score
I’m debating on which PE exam to take in the spring. Architectural (¼ Electrical, ¼ Mechanical, ¼ Construction Management, and ¼ Structural) or the Electrical (Power). I graduated from a five year Architectural Engineering program and have studied all the topics under the Architectural Engineering PE exam but that was four years ago. I have since been working as an Electrical designer (can't say Engineer in FL if you are not a PE B) ) for an MEP firm and have not done much more with other disciplines then coordination. I was leaning towards AE exam as that is my educational background but the lack of study material (other then my school notes and books) and the new Electrical (Power) PE option is making me question that. Any advice?

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m debating on which PE exam to take in the spring. Architectural (¼ Electrical, ¼ Mechanical, ¼ Construction Management, and ¼ Structural) or the Electrical (Power). I graduated from a five year Architectural Engineering program and have studied all the topics under the Architectural Engineering PE exam but that was four years ago. I have since been working as an Electrical designer (can't say Engineer in FL if you are not a PE B) ) for an MEP firm and have not done much more with other disciplines then coordination. I was leaning towards AE exam as that is my educational background but the lack of study material (other then my school notes and books) and the new Electrical (Power) PE option is making me question that. Any advice?
PE Sample Questions from AEI

Back