Man the Trebuchet!!!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh no .. you didn't !!!!!!!!!!!!!

AAARRRRGGGGHHHHH !!!!!!!!!!! :smileyballs:

I got real work to do!! :bawling:

JR

he he, yea, I was fortunate enough to get it out of my system over the weekend. I don't see how the high scores are as much as they are. How does someone get almost 33,000? I haven't been able to get up to 3,000. I guess I'm a pretty poor excuse for a trebuchet operator? :(

after the fantactic contraption addiction I went through last week, I'm not even going to look at the link.

Did anyone notice the fault in their description of how gravity wouldn't affect the distance? I can assure them, I fine tuned distance using NOTHING but gravity in the first challenge.

i have to remember to give this link to the hubby. He loves the fantastic contraption game, so I think he would like this one more.

I "helped" my son build a trebuchet for the science fair one year. the chocolate chucker threw hershey minis at a leggo castle for great effect!

I "helped" my son build a trebuchet for the science fair one year. the chocolate chucker threw hershey minis at a leggo castle for great effect!

That's great!

I remember seeing on group's trebuchet project in 8th grade (we had a choice of what to do, most built trebuchets, I did a small series of parallel and series circuits with lightbulbs to talk about the effects of resistance).

Well, when raising and lowering the arm slowly, they had no problems whatsoever. Unfortunately, when they actually tried to launch something, they didn't leave clearance for the counterweight when it tipped, so it always got stuck just short of half way.

Ah, yes. My Dad 'helped' me so many times....

But it was cool, wasn't it?

We had some kind of pumpkin chucking contest in jr high. I remember the guy who won the distance contest used rubberbands from a spear gun..

Crazy...

Oh you think this is bad? Snickerd mentioned the fantastic contraption game. I've been playing that non-stop for the past week (again)

We did the trebuchets in college and it was a hell of a lot of fun.

I remember seeing on Mythbusters about someone who built one big enough to hurl a car.

Back