Audio Studying

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
E

EdinNO

Does anyone else think a set of CDs would be nice studying material for the commute to/from work?

I thought it would be sweet- maybe some osmosis would kick in. I emailed "the other board" about it in January (asking if they had such a thing) and they actually replied and said they would look into it. I doubt they will.

Someone on the "the other board" board replied to my thread over there saying that it would be too dangerous to drive and listen to engineering discussions at the same time.

I don't know. I think it would be pretty cool. It would be a good use of about 1-2 hours per day during the work week.

Any thoughts?

Ed

the master's voice - in your ear. I like it! we listen to books on tape all the time, it makes the travel time pass faster. reading equations would not work, but there is plenty of text that could be described. good idea :claps:

Alright, somebody start reading their CERM into one of those mini cassette recorders. Everbody pick a chapter. ;)

I think it would be easier to remeber if we could get james earl jones to do the voiceover.

"Luke, I am your study instructor"

I didn't realize until just a few days ago that I could say "Luke, I am your father" to my newborn, named Lucas, but who will likely be called Luke. I've done it twice while changing diapers in the middle of the night so far.

Ed

Last edited:
We could include an EIT/FE version as well. It might be more memorable for young engineer wannabees if we use a fairy tale format.

"...And then the momma bear said F=MA. The baby bear said the sum of the forces equals zero...."

or maybe

"...My what a big universal gas constant you have, said little Red Riding Hood. The better to calculate your volume with, said the Big Bad Wolf..."

Just an idea :dunno:

Back