Engineer Boards

​ ​ ​
 photo CHPE_AnimatedWebBanner_650x1202_zps5704d467.gif
kevo_55

It's Friday!!!!

Well, he's semi wild in that he doesn't like to be picked up. He comes when you call him and he wants inside, but the inside cat would murder him.

I put his cat carrier outside on the porch where he eats with the door open. All this week, when I fed him, I'd put a few nuggets of food in the carrier and pat him as he ate it. Past two days, he went all the way in the carrier. I intend to use that method to get him in. My wife said she'd stand by with the towel to assist basket wrapping him when my cunning ruse failed. She also said, and I wholeheartedly believe it, that that trick willonly work once, if it works at all.

Oh boy. Trapping wild cats.

We have two outside cats that we have trapped twice. Once several years ago to get them to the vet to be spayed, and then again in mid-April to relocate them to our new house. I got arms torn up both times. We actually bought a Hav-A-Heart wild animal trap to do this, as they wouldn't let anyone near them at the time. They still won't let me near them, but my wife can pet and comb them.

They are presently lounging in 'the aviary'...a 20' x 20' chicken wire coop that I built in the car port to keep them in one place until they adopt it as their home. I hear tell that we are going to open it up this weekend as it has been more than long enough for them to accept it and not wander off. Born free.

We have also trapped a couple of different truly wild tom cats to get thier battle wounds repaired at the vet. They all also got snipped while they were there.

nice job on the catch and snip. There are far too many roaming around as it is.

I'm hoping they can go ahead and snip the outside cat. I don't want to have to do the 'catch the cat' thing again too soon. The inside cat is bad enough, but my wife basket wraps her with the towel and loads her up.

Oh boy. Trapping wild cats.

I am sneaking off for a long lunch. One could say I am in progress of trapping a wild cat too. :D

:ph34r: :ph34r:

JR

I am sneaking off for a long lunch. One could say I am in progress of trapping a wild cat too. :D

:ph34r: :ph34r:

JR

What JR?...Is she from Villanova?

^^ Nope. But I am pretty sure I taught I taw a putty tat ....

:rolleyes:

Not to mix metaphors too badly, I was told it was happy hour tonight at Cabos Tacos. :true: I guess I will be hitting that spot after work! :17:

:bio:

JR

^^ Nope. But I am pretty sure I taught I taw a putty tat ....

:rolleyes:

Not to mix metaphors too badly, I was told it was happy hour tonight at Cabos Tacos. :true: I guess I will be hitting that spot after work! :17:

:bio:

JR

I thought that I saw posted somewhere it was happy hour at JRs...but that no one is invited if not accompanied by JR.

^^^ LOL

iPod girl just stopped by my office asking me for a ride.

Are you looking for an invite FLBluff? I dunno if Mrs. Bluff would let you out knowing you are hanging out with such a questionable character! :P

JR

Nope. Happy hour is at the Buff household every night (sans drinks), unless Mini-Buff is in a foul mood. BTW, she just started solid food 2 nights ago. She has taken to it like a duck to water...opens her mouth when the spoon gets near. Anyway,

DaveChapelleRickJames.jpg

Nope. Happy hour is at the Buff household every night (sans drinks), unless Mini-Buff is in a foul mood. BTW, she just started solid food 2 nights ago. She has taken to it like a duck to water...opens her mouth when the spoon gets near.

Awesome!! :multiplespotting::multiplespotting:

I could sneak you a margarita with petron your way ... if you like ... ;)

JR

That's all right. In honor of cement (whose name is mud, apparently), I would prefer :GotPics::GotPics::GotPics:

Nothing better than wrapping up a week's worth of data analysis drinking an ice cold Yuengling!!

Well, to update, the semi-wild cat was easily lured into the box. When the door closed, he sat down (which I thought was odd) and started yowling. Got them to the vet and they both behaved themselves. Turned out that the outside cat has already been fixed. I'm glad for that, but now I wonder what the story is with him. He was scrawny and bedraggled when he showed up a year or two ago. I wonder if someone trapped and neutered him when he was wild or if someone abandonded him when they moved.

I vote that he was abandoned. Why? because people suck.

The "wild cats" we had were yard cats that were adopted. When we trapped them, it was to take to the vet for spaying. Outside cats are great for keeping mice and snakes away if you live in the country.

Growing up, we had a couple stray cats that wandered around the yard from time to time. We'd put out food for them, especially in the winter. They did a good job of hunting down pests around the yard.

I vote that he was abandoned. Why? because people suck.

That's my thinking on the subject. This is what he looked like a year ago. We'd been feeding him about two weeks at this point.

zinc-4bhjre77m.jpeg

He looks a lot healthier now and is about 9.75 pounds.

IT'S FRIDAY!!!! That means instead of going to the library with my CERM I get to go to the pool with my two-year-old. HELL YEAH!

I have to get estimates on some roof repairs. We got 2.75 inches of rain Wednesday and the roof sprung a leak.

I have to get estimates on some roof repairs. We got 2.75 inches of rain Wednesday and the roof sprung a leak.

Not fun! Good luck

if it leaked only after having been subjected to 2.75 in. rain, I'd look for locations where water might have accumulated and overtopped flashings or pushed up under shingles or otherwise compromised typical details. You're roof may well be intact, just unable to handle the volume without backing up somewhere.

^ I love it when engineers look at people's bad situations...and then talk volume...

:D

^ I love it when engineers look at people's bad situations...and then talk volume...

:D

It's what we do best ;)

Turns out the addition is flatroof, and it is giving up the ghost due to its age. It looked pretty ratty. We had two guys lined up to look at it Friday, and one guy 'forgot' to show up. The one quote we got was 1400 for a 32 X 8 area. Sounds kinda high, but I've been lucky in not having to have a roof repair done.