Low Pressure Sewer System Design

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spidershawn

Reaction score
What software is everyone using to design low pressure sewer systems?

In addition, if you have used Haested's WaterCAD for this, has anyone encountered the software's inability to evaluate high spots in a line?

Wow, tough crowd. I guess we don't have many low pressure sewer designers here.
Hey .. just give it a little while. Right now is a slow time on this board not to mention the holiday weekend. I am sure someone will get back to you soon. :)

In the meantime, welcome to the board! :)

Regards,

JR

I've used watercad.

Used it for a forcemain and needed high spot pressures. had difficulty with it though. the calced values always seemed off from field data.

We had 6 pump stations sharing a 6 and 8 inch forcemain with many high/lows. the biggest varialbe seemed to be the pump curves for each stations input. i found that the pumps/impellers often did not match what was in the design plans (or as-builts) which killed the model pretty quickly.

is this an e-one type design?

our model was for sewer (not water) which also was a problem with watercad - forget how we overcame it though. we had to 'trick' the program because of the sewerage not water. i could research if really needed. (take some time though.) let me know before i invest time into that.

Last edited by a moderator:
What software is everyone using to design low pressure sewer systems?
In addition, if you have used Haested's WaterCAD for this, has anyone encountered the software's inability to evaluate high spots in a line?
We have started using SewerCAD to design our low pressure sewers. The consultants we have used in the past were using WaterCAD. They have told us they have to "trick" the program just like what GCIII was saying. I'm not crazy about trying to "trick" the program to get it to work for our application. Back in 2006 I did a little research on SewerCAD and found that it was better for us to use than WaterCAD. We went with SewerCAD that could be integrated with AutoCAD and that has worked very well because I can do the design and drafting at the same time. When I was finally able to get upper management to allow me to purchase SewerCAD it was version 5. It was supposed to be able to integrate with AutoCAD and we never could get it to integrate but later learned that it was compatible only up to AutoCAD 2002 and we were using 2008. SewerCAD just has released version 8 which is compatible with AutoCAD 2009. Since I've been using SewerCAD I have not had a problem with evaluating high spots in a line. I've not used WaterCAD so I can't help answer that. Don't mean to ramble but I hope this helps with your question.

We have started using SewerCAD to design our low pressure sewers. The consultants we have used in the past were using WaterCAD. They have told us they have to "trick" the program just like what GCIII was saying. I'm not crazy about trying to "trick" the program to get it to work for our application. Back in 2006 I did a little research on SewerCAD and found that it was better for us to use than WaterCAD. We went with SewerCAD that could be integrated with AutoCAD and that has worked very well because I can do the design and drafting at the same time. When I was finally able to get upper management to allow me to purchase SewerCAD it was version 5. It was supposed to be able to integrate with AutoCAD and we never could get it to integrate but later learned that it was compatible only up to AutoCAD 2002 and we were using 2008. SewerCAD just has released version 8 which is compatible with AutoCAD 2009. Since I've been using SewerCAD I have not had a problem with evaluating high spots in a line. I've not used WaterCAD so I can't help answer that. Don't mean to ramble but I hope this helps with your question.

we use sewerCAD too.

Back