Chem E Forum

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We had one merged with Environmental, but didnt think we had any takers, I will add it back to ENVIRONMENTAL, and if we get more CHem E's we will make it its own section.

finally, another chemical! Welcome chepe

VTEnviro - you still can. it won't bother me. am use to it with 3 "men" in the house

Hi Twee

What is your pe status? I just passed mine, but thought I'd stick around in case I can pass along any of the great advice others gave me.

Still waiting for the official letter that will probably say I have failed. I didn't put in the studying time that I should have , so I'm being realistic. I've got kids so studying time was limited. I really just wanted to see what the exam was going to be like.

Besides, who can focus on an exam when the chair was so d*** uncomfortable. Next time, I might just bring a seat cushion with me. Is that even allowed?

Congrats on passing! Are you in the consulting?

I know you used to be allowed to bring a seat cushion. But these days I don't know. Probably NCEES has a list of approved seat cushions.

I work for state government. I didn't pass my first time, either, due to lack of preperation. I really buckled down and studied this time around.

According to the official website, the folowing seat cushions are allowed for the exam...

Sealy Butt-Relief 45x

La-Z-Boy Ass Force Max

Broyhill Smushy Tushy 31hs (note that models with a "plus" are also acceptable)

Any other seat cushions brought into the exam room will be confiscated and used by a proctor with gas.

I took the full blown environmental PE exam. I looked at both, and based on my background in college and grad school, I had a better chance to pass that one.

A civil would probably be more useful in my line of work, but I can always go back for that in a few years once I know more by experience.

Thanks.

All the questions on water, WW, air, ecology, risk assessment, open channels, geohydology, fate and transport, radiology, etc. I had seen before in school. Going on 3+ years of work plus a masters as my basis for taking the exam, I knew I'd be relying more on school than work.

The only stuff I really had to teach myself from scratch was the stuff on public health, OSHA, some legal stuff, things like that.

If I took the civil, all the stuff on structural, transportation, and concrete would have been new to me.

hey, waking up the forum! Any ChEs actually use their PE? I got mine so people will take me more seriously, nothing more. I just passed today so we'll see if people treat me better tomorrow. I doubt it. :)

That's basically why I went for my PE. It works, I think, as long as you are in the consulting business or government. I can't speak for industry. (I'm not a Chem E., though, sorry). It has made a huge difference in the way I get treated, and also the jobs I am now eligible for.

hey, waking up the forum! Any ChEs actually use their PE? I got mine so people will take me more seriously, nothing more. I just passed today so we'll see if people treat me better tomorrow. I doubt it. :)
Congrats! as a fellow chE i got it for the same reason and it has paid off in that department, especially when starting new projects.

I am attempted to get my PE for personal satisfaction and having a little bit more credibility to my job/resume. I am awaiting the results for my first time taking it.

Back