CA Seismic Q2 Authorization - CA-Seismic/Survey Exams - Engineer Boards
Engineer Boards
Sign in to follow this  
kcpe

CA Seismic Q2 Authorization

Has anyone heard back from the Board for Q2 authorizations?   I am a comity applicant and my application was received on Nov 7, 2019.  Check was cashed on Nov 12th.    I have not heard back at all.  I sent an email a week ago asking for an update and no response.   It's been 105 days now which seems like an extraordinary amount of time to confirm a comity application.

The board received my application on 1/6/20 and just got notification that it’s been referred for technical review on 1/29/20. But I haven’t heard anything since. 

Here's my application timeline.  Still waiting for the email from Prometric with info on how to sign up for the test...

12/20/2019 - PE Application delivered to board
12/30/2019 - PE Application check cashed by board
01/09/2020 - Email received stating that application has been referred to technical review
01/23/2020 - Email received stating that application has been technically approved

@structard That’s amazing in comparison to my situation and quite reasonable.  Considering the holidays, that’s a 3 week approval.   Which evaluator reviewed your application, A-G, H-O, or P-Z?  Also, did you use NCEES record for your references or use the board forms?  I’m trying to understand the differences here. Thanks.   

29 minutes ago, kcpe said:

@structard That’s amazing in comparison to my situation and quite reasonable.  Considering the holidays, that’s a 3 week approval.   Which evaluator reviewed your application, A-G, H-O, or P-Z?  Also, did you use NCEES record for your references or use the board forms?  I’m trying to understand the differences here. Thanks.   

kcpe, send me a primate message with your name and email address and I'll check status for you

19 hours ago, kcpe said:

My last name starts with M and I used NCEES record.

2 hours ago, PlanCheckEng said:

12/30/19 - Check cashed

01/15/20 - Application in technical review

02/19/20 - Application approved

Did you get an email from Prometric with info on registration yet?

1 hour ago, structard said:

Did you get an email from Prometric with info on registration yet?

You likely won't get an email from them until a few weeks before your testing quarter begins. Assuming you're testing in Q2, you'll probably get your Authorization to Test closer to mid-March.

• Thanks 1

On 2/19/2020 at 2:16 PM, kcpe said:

I used the board forms and haven't heard anything yet. This is a first time application.

1/16/20 - application delivered

1/20/20 - check cashed

Been checking my email and spam folder, and so far nada. Really hoping to get authorized for Q2.

5 hours ago, sa5m said:

I used the board forms and haven't heard anything yet. This is a first time application.

1/16/20 - application delivered

1/20/20 - check cashed

Been checking my email and spam folder, and so far nada. Really hoping to get authorized for Q2.

See my response to your PM

I received the ATT for survey and seismic.  My ID number is not working yet when I try to schedule on the Prometric website.

I received my ATT this morning and signed up for both tests.  Surveying in April and Seismic in May.  Now all I need to do is study!