when will CA PE license come out? - Page 3 - CA-Seismic/Survey Exams - Engineer Boards
Engineer Boards
AndieWoooooooo

when will CA PE license come out?

2 minutes ago, engdude said:

This is not what I'm talking about. Evaluators touch the applications again after the CA exams are passed and forward a final list of "approved" applications to be issued a license number.  I've called the board and they've confirmed as much. Theoretically this process should take 10 minutes.

I have had multiple co-workers and friends get stalled for weeks/months after passing the final CA tests.  They spoke with the board and were finally forwarded to their evaluator who had been holding the application from being issued a number (after CA exams were passed) due to a reference or take home exam "missing" from the application. How should that even be possible? Why would they have been approved to test to begin with?

This process of final review and forward for license number issue seems to take 3-7 days for the H-O and P-Z evaluators, but 1-3 months for the A-G evaluator. 

Ok, I was focusing on your use of the term "...generally release license #'s..."  ALL of the criteria required to become licensed must be satisfied before the individual can receive their license.  So yes, you are correct that when there is ANY aspect, no matter how major or minor it is, that is not satisfied the license will not be issued.  And it is also correct that it falls on the assigned evaluator in the Licensing staff to gather that missing criteria.

While I certainly understand that more than a few fail to submit their take home exams with their application, which does cause a delay that can be easily remedied simply by following the instructions in the first place, there are also some who fail to submit fingerprints, also causing a delay which can be easily prevented.  Would those applying for licensure prefer the Board implement a policy preventing anyone from sitting for the state exams until every last single administrative requirement is met?  If so, I'm sure the Board would change to that if that is what people want.

I imagine that very few, if any, are being approved to sit for the state exams without first satisfying the criteria for a sufficient number of reference forms documenting the required experience.  That would indeed be a holdup.

Your analysis for how long certain evaluators take versus others is very interesting though.  I'm guessing that is based on the few that you have talked with?

On 2/11/2020 at 1:31 PM, CAPLS said:

This is incorrect.  The evaluators process the applications.  They don't actually issue the licenses.

Hi, so far I only got the paper pocket ID of my license, does that mean the other license are still coming?

2 hours ago, AndieWoooooooo said:

Hi, so far I only got the paper pocket ID of my license, does that mean the other license are still coming?

The paper pocket card is issued automatically by another state agency for all boards/bureaus.  You will receive a white plastic card and a larger-size wall certificate, both of which are actually printed and mailed by the Board.

On 2/13/2020 at 5:43 PM, CAPLS said:

The paper pocket card is issued automatically by another state agency for all boards/bureaus.  You will receive a white plastic card and a larger-size wall certificate, both of which are actually printed and mailed by the Board.

thanks for your reply. so you mean we will receive three things in total, paper pocket ID, white plastic card, adn wall certificate, correct? Thanks.