How did/will you celebrate the pass of PE? Good luck to us all. - OCT 2019 - Engineer Boards
Engineer Boards
Sign in to follow this  
Stewie

How did/will you celebrate the pass of PE? Good luck to us all.

How did/will you celebrate the pass of PE? Good luck to us all.  

83 members have voted

1. 1. How did/will you celebrate the pass of PE?

• Take PTOs and have fun at home;
    • Travel;
    • A lot of beers;
    • Watch a Movie;
    • Big dinner;
    • Hunting/fishing weekend;
    • Others;

First:  My wife and I had been discussing that in the case of a need for reattempt, she would make the trip with me to San Francisco (Mateo but who cares) this time and we we would make a weekend out of it.  So with that said, I called my wife upon notification and the conversation went like this (bear in mind CA was a day 2 release so she knew I would have an answer very soon):

*Me with a solemn voice* - "Mrs. fyrfytr310, I have some bad news."

Mrs. fyrfytr310 - "Oh no."

Me - "Yeah."

Mrs. fyrfytr310 - "Are you ok?"

Me - "Yeah.  I'm just sad we aren't going to have our weekend in SF."

Mrs. fyrfytr310 - "I hate you.  Congratulations!!!"

Second:  We happened to be having an after-hours work thing with our CEO that day so he bought for me several rounds of my favorite bourbon (Blanton's).

Third:  My family threw a little celebratory party with friends and neighbors (they were all aware of the exam) and one of them even made a cake decorated as a duplicate of my PE seal.  Quite nice of the whole lot.

• Like 4

I was very happy and did not mind my 1.5 hour commute home afterwards.  I ate corned beef.

Then continued working remotely over the weekend.

Edited by JayKay PE

Also very happy. Finished my work day (...maybe slacked a tiny bit) and went out for beer/burgers with LadySquare, who also preemptively bought me JW Blue Label. She had more confidence than I did.

Edit: this round though, I don't know yet. Probably will have to retake anyway.

Edited by squaretaper PE

I was returning from a job site with my co-workers. We were in a van on the highway. I was on the passenger seat when I got the notification and ultimately saw the good news. I was so excited that I started shaking my co-worker who was the driver. In that moment, I was  too excited to remember that he was driving.

It made the van swerve but fortunately it didn't cause any accidents. To this day, he keeps saying that I almost killed everyone on board. Guess sometimes you gotta contain your excitement 😆

• Haha 2

I got the result at work (passed this yr in April). I showed my result to three different coworkers because

1. I needed to make sure that I am not hallucinating
  2. These coworkers suffered with me throughout this ordeal as I would bore them with my questions/concerns/anxieties/rants 🙂 almost every day!

Went home later and pigged out on delicious but heavy and greasy take-out Indian food (because I am from India and all I wanted was comfort & something that reminds me of home. It was almost hard to believe that the ordeal was over.)

The following weekend, a very dear friend of mine took me out for dinner.

I still have a bottle of wine that I was saving to enjoy when I actually had my license (IL can sometime take a bit of time to issue the license). I never got around to it actually - need to do enjoy that wine.

Somehow, all my celebration was designed around food 🙂

• Like 3

I got the good news waiting in line for lunch at Chick-fil-a.  That was the best tasting chicken sandwich I ever had.

That night, my family and I went ate at a seafood restaurant and I had a beer with some oysters.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/5/2019 at 1:27 PM, enrique_nola said:

Probably have a miller lite or two.

We now should always refer to those as "Diet Millers" in the words of the famous LUKE Combs

I figure I'll be sitting at work when the email comes in. I'm gonna start freaking out, cry a little, and make one of my co-workers (who passed it last October) open it for me while I go hyperventilate in the bathroom. When I get back, he's going to mess with my head for a second, then tell me I passed. Hyperventilate and cry a little more.... Then, all of the single malt!

• Like 1

If I brave to open it at work I will probably end up in my work bffs office, close the door and we will be screaming/crying and all the guys in the office will be scared to ask why!

If I pass this round, I'll be studying for the CA seismic and surveyng exams. LOL!

However, I will have an expensive dinner with a few drinks at some expensive restaurant if I pass the 8 hr test.

If I pass both the CA seismic and surveying, I will go to Japan for vacation!

On 12/7/2019 at 7:10 PM, Aiden said:

If I pass this round, I'll be studying for the CA seismic and surveyng exams. LOL!

However, I will have an expensive dinner with a few drinks at some expensive restaurant if I pass the 8 hr test.

If I pass both the CA seismic and surveying, I will go to Japan for vacation!

Hope you won't need to use any seismic knowledge you learned there~

On 12/6/2019 at 1:02 PM, ChebyshevII PE said:

975AF5B6-47C7-461E-A3CB-632D5E29EBC3.gif

This is EXACTLY how we celebrated when we passed the PE.... a few of us (from different engineering disciplines) got together, went to a local brewery and had a few cold ones... @squaretaper PE...we should do this again when you get your next results !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As much as I wanted to take tomorrow off, I decided to buckle down and actually work for a day this week, as the Suck really put the hurt on my productivity. Modest celebration tonight as a result. Salt and vinegar hot wings (the best) and a cold glass of water. The beer will have to wait. 

Drinking the best bourbon they had at the bar (bulleit, was hoping for something better but hey it’s a small town bar) and ordered a steak. Plan to go out to dinner tomorrow with my family when I get back to home.