October 2019 P.E. ELECTRICAL POWER - Page 10 - Power Exam Sub Forum - Engineer Boards
Engineer Boards
Sign in to follow this  
bufalita

October 2019 P.E. ELECTRICAL POWER

I just got message on my screen that says, "You're out of 'clicks'."

15 minutes ago, MEtoEE said:

On EB, or elsewhere?

18 minutes ago, MEtoEE said:

I think you ran out of reactions

• fudgey 1

Several states reported and the last couple of hours...nothing.

I'm running out to get a drink.

2 minutes ago, MadamPirate said:

On EB, or elsewhere?

I was joking.  I've clicked to refresh my e-mail and NCEES so many times lol.

Just now, Sdhabik said:

Finally passed. YEAH!!

-Jpn

Congrats!  Which state?

To those who failed:

I took it first time and passed, this is what I used:

The designated sample exam that you can buy from NCEES

Electrical Engineer's Guide to Passing the Power PE Exam - Spiral Bound Version (Spiral-bound) https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0988187612/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Ugly's

NEC Handbook (of course)

------------------------------------------------

This is all I brought into the test and practiced from

48/80 Failed first time.

When I saw the two categories that got me me the most I wasnt surprised.

The NFPA questions I know I missed the 4 or so and thats my fault for taking the risk of not buying it.

Then batteries got me on devices.

Overall just disappointed but seeing my score j am ready for round 2. I almost had it I just need to refocus and knock it out in the spring

Is there a separate thread where people that fail post their diagnostic? I am curious to see rough areas. 

1 minute ago, SparkyBill said:

Is there a separate thread where people that fail post their diagnostic? I am curious to see rough areas. 

Some have posted it here, in the cut score thread in the Oct 2019 forum, and in the map thread. There isnt a specific power cut score thread. I did make one for april 2019 tho

• Like 1

Wow I just checked mine...40/80.  That's worse than last time...I scored 43/80 in October 2018.  I'm shocked to be honest.  I really felt I did better this time.  I'm pretty bummed.  Not because I failed, but because I put in so much time and effort only to do worse.Not only that, but I"m looking at my diagnostic and find I did the worst on stuff I felt I did best on.  

Best of luck to others.

• Sad 1

Got 46 Failed. TX score is 67. i guess Cut off should be 49 or 50.

Edited by v15

4 minutes ago, v15 said:

Got 46 Failed. TX score is 67. i guess Cut off should be 49 or 50.

If it helps you figure out the cut score at all I passed in Texas and my TBPE grade was 73.  Just barely!!  But hey, passing is passing.  Good luck next time!

Edited by gfools

10 minutes ago, gfools said:

If it helps you figure out the cut score at all I passed in Texas and my TBPE grade was 73.  Just barely!!  But hey, passing is passing.  Good luck next time!

Yes sir passing is passing. no one looks at the score lol they all care about that green tick mark which appears as PASS.

51 minutes ago, MadamPirate said:

@LyceeFruit I'M SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!! I JUMPED OUT OF MY CHAIR AND EVERYTHING AND NOW I'M CRYING AND IT'S AWESOME!

THANK YOU!

I got the email as I was supposed to head into a meeting. My heart wasa pounding but I decided to open it up anyway & at my desk in our open office concept. Started crying and hyperventilating with my boss rubbing my back (we're friends so it's ok). And ended up calming myself and calling my bestie from a closet 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Just now, LyceeFruit said:

THANK YOU!

I got the email as I was supposed to head into a meeting. My heart wasa pounding but I decided to open it up anyway & at my desk in our open office concept. Started crying and hyperventilating with my boss rubbing my back (we're friends so it's ok). And ended up calming myself and calling my bestie from a closet 

CONGRATULATIONS!  So happy for you! 😁

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, LyceeFruit said:

THANK YOU!

Congratulations. You have earned it. Now, the worst is all behind you. It's like a bad dream. Celebrate this weekend and enjoy.

• Like 1

Passed on 2nd attempt!!  Woo Hoo!!

For anyone who is still chasing this I highly recommend Complex Imaginary's code review ... basically 300 code drill problems that have you search up and down the code book for random questions.  I didn't spend a lot of time with this when I took the exam last year, but went through it twice this time ... in addition to around 10 practice exams.

In any case I felt very good with the code problems this time around and I'm sure this helped save my bacon!

2 hours ago, LyceeFruit said:

I often feel that true test of character and endurance is not in passing the first time but how you deal with failure and not give up. I have not known anyone atleast not made it clear on the forum that they appeared 6th or 7th time and then they passed. My personal tolerance would be 3 times at max. This I'm sure must have taught you patience for life and how to march ahead in life when things just won't cooperate. I think you should share your experience and  emotions from time to time. 

Edited by roy167
  • Like 2

On 12/12/2019 at 5:52 PM, Novanian said:

The NFPA questions I know I missed the 4 or so and thats my fault for taking the risk of not buying it.

That's brutal. I figured that there would only be one or two 70E questions and would've probably been in the same boat if work didn't have a copy of 70E that I could use. I had to guess on the two(?) NESC questions. 

On 10/28/2019 at 1:14 PM, RadioBox said:

uh-oh, this has all the telltale signs that you failed. =/ you guys fell for baited answers 

Looks like I didn't fall for baited answers! (At least not enough to fail lol)