Ca Survey - CA-Seismic/Survey Exams - Engineer Boards
Engineer Boards
Sign in to follow this  
ThePEmaster

Ca Survey

Can someone let me know how they studied for survey and what I should do? 

I have all EET videos book for survey

Reza 2018 spring book also

2 hours ago, ThePEmaster said:

I studied nothing but the EET stuff. Practiced a lot though. And took their exams seriously. worked out great.

• Like 1

Per their website :

image.png.40f7ca2f41768ed810153557be048492.png

• Like 1

@NikR did you have prior knowledge of survey or forgot mostly before studying EET? 

I am wondering if I forgot a lot if this will be enough I have EET material and hopefully i will get access to their new 2019 recoridngs

17 hours ago, ThePEmaster said:

@NikR did you have prior knowledge of survey or forgot mostly before studying EET? 

I am wondering if I forgot a lot if this will be enough I have EET material and hopefully i will get access to their new 2019 recoridngs

I remembered some basic concepts from undergrad but not much. You could assume I forgot most since I studied these  ~15 years before I took the exam. 

Many of the questions in Surveying rely on geometry. So as long as you are good and quick with that the rest is covered well by EET.

I only had four weeks to study for my exam so I stuck with EET. I would recommend that you start with EET. If you feel very confident on all their practice problems then try to get your hands on additional material to practice.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ThePEmaster said:

@NikR what do you recommend to brush up on the geometry? It's just been so long I need a refresher did you use you tube

They are not advanced concepts. But rather being able to visualize the question and using geometry to get the correct information.

The best way is to go through the notes and if you get stuck then look that concept up on youtube or some geometry refresher document on google.

CPESR Quizzes & Patrice exams are awesome too, they mimic the actual exam pretty well. 

• Like 1

On 6/27/2019 at 11:11 AM, ThePEmaster said:

Survey first time, I used Mansour and Cuomo. Bought Reza pretty late in the game (1 week prior) and couldn't look into it much, still almost passed.

Second time, studied that Reza book inside-out for 3 weeks. Solved ALL problems in it twice, hard/challenging ones 3-4 times. Crushed the test. Reza book is great! 

• Like 2

On 7/10/2019 at 11:40 AM, ThePEmaster said:

@Orca2552_PE did you have the spring 2018 reza book? I have this one wondering if i need a more recent

I had the Spring 2019 version. Not sure how much it has changed considering both will be geared towards the new test specifications. Call Reza, he will be able to tell you best. 

• Like 1