EB Mafia - Page 131 - Games - Engineer Boards
Engineer Boards
ChebyshevII PE

EB Mafia

I know exactly what I'm doing. I'm sitting at my desk and typing on eb.

• Haha 2

In

And clearly I have more idea how this game works than most all y'all... and I don't have clue 1 WTF I am doing.

6 minutes ago, Audi driver, P.E. said:

In

And clearly I have more idea how this game works than most all y'all... and I don't have clue 1 WTF I am doing.

Yes...clearly.

I'm in.  Again.  Will most likely be killed in the first round, even though I am always an innocent, non-mafia, farmer.

2 hours ago, RBHeadge PE said:

Federal service is nice like that. Very rarely are there "charge codes", so everything gets charged to the same pot of money.If/when there are special codes, it's usually an declared emergency and they are shy about reminding you which one to use.

Build up the comp time where you can. It will help get into the use/lose faster. Use/lose is problem you want to have. I like keeping things around for emergencies, or just taking off most of December.

Can you do OT billing? I used to have to take comp time, then wait a year to cash it out.

BTW, you may be at a grade where OT is just 100% and not 150%.

It's not regional. I'm from the Northeast too and what you describes how I've always seen people operate. I think it's just fed culture. There's less internal competition, more comradely, and interest in the success of the mission. Even when I visit field offices, or other agencies, we try to help each other out with the admin stuff.

So if you don't need it for your job, then it's really only more money you've got to spend. The only advantage is that you can ethically put PE after your name with a straight face. But most states let govt employees do that anyway regardless of where they are liscenced since as govt employees they by definition can't misrepresent their services as engineers to the public for business purposes.

It's the between-wait-period spam thread. Who cares about double posting?

Yes!  I've very excited to get into the use or lose situation!  I tend to take fairly long vacations with family (i.e.; I'm missing the annual family vacation to Hawaii this January that is running my dad 26 days), so I'd like to try and max out my vacation as soon as possible.  I've never been able to do that at my last companies, saving up enough vacation time, since the accumulation rate was so slow.  Also, I am getting way more vacation than I used to at my other job (as well as a separate sick time bucket?  WAhat!?), so I'm very excited to see the number going up!

I don't think I can cash out comp time?  I think it is straight OT (not sure if time or time and a half) and it's whatever I tell my supervisor.  If I ask for OT, he'll give it to me, same for comp.

Yes.  Everyone is nice here because it's fed/less competition, but I'm also in Indiana...Ranked No. 6 as one of the nicest states in the US, versus NY...which was ranked No. 50.:winko:

I think I would be more comfortable only putting PE at the end of my name if I had the specific state license (because I'm a n00b and NY has made me ultra cautious on me saying I am an "Engineer").  Spending money on something that makes me more comfortable is good to me!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RBHeadge PE said:

I will be very busy for couple weeks. So i can play (passive in the field kind) but not mod as that requires me reading all messages and also being available at the right times. 

22 minutes ago, ChebyshevII PE said:

Yes...clearly.

Spot the lie.

Err body done furgot bout me.

I'm in, but I may not have much time to post during working hours for the next month or so. Time sensitive projects, yay.

1 hour ago, ChaosMuppetPE said:

Err body done furgot bout me.

almost tagged you but didn't want to disturb if you were crammin

@RBHeadge PE my first vote goes on @leggo PE.  She seems suspicious.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, JayKay0914 said:

annual family vacation to Hawaii

Say hi next time!

7 hours ago, jean15paul said:

I'm in, but I may not have much time to post during working hours for the next month or so. Time sensitive projects, yay.

^^^ Similarly, @RBHeadge PE I guess I'm in if you need people to make quorum, but I doubt I'll have much time. New project notice to proceed is today, and time sensitive projects starting up. 

8 hours ago, Roarbark said:

Say hi next time!

WHATATTATA?  I forgot you're at Hawaii!!!  What island?  My family tends to do a week or two at one, hop onto another, etc. etc.  Grab a car, randomly drive down roads they can't pronounce.  I've never been, since work always makes me miss it/I can't take time off, but when I come I want to visit and have you tell me things!!! :laugh:

Mafia Round 8 (I think it's round 8?)

Alright guys here we go...

There are townsfolk, and Mafia members. Townsfolk are going to try to eliminate the Mafia before the Mafia eliminates them. The game ends when either all of the Mafia is eliminated (town wins), or there are fewer townsfolk than Mafia members (Mafia wins).

The Mafia members are going to privately tell me who they would like to eliminate during the night. I will reveal to everyone what happened the next morning.

During the day, everybody (townsfolk and Mafia) will publicly vote for a person to eliminate; I will eliminate the person with the most votes at the end of the day and reveal what their role was.

In addition to regular townsfolk and members of the Mafia, there is also a Doctor and a Cop. The Doctor can choose someone to “save” during the night; if they choose the same person the Mafia chose, then that player will escape elimination by the Mafia that night. The Cop can “investigate” players during the night.

The Mafia members know who each other are, but no one knows anyone else’s role except me. I have sent more specific instructions to the members of the Mafia, the Doctor, and the Cop. If you did not receive a PM from me, then you are a regular townsfolk.

You may use this thread to vote and post about the game. Anyone (playing or not playing, eliminated or not) can use this thread to speculate, discuss, accuse, or otherwise participate in the game; just please make sure to follow regular EB forum guidelines.

To vote on a person to eliminate, mention me @RBHeadge PE and tell me specifically that 1) you are voting and 2) the username of the person you are voting to eliminate.

Example: @RBHeadge PE I vote for @ChebyshevII PE because he started this game.

Please submit your votes by 10:00PM Eastern Time/9:00 PM Central/8:00 PM Mountain/7:00pm Pacific Time/6:00 PM Blybrooke/4:00 PM Roarbark; I will count votes after that time as being for the next day.

Your vote only counts if you are playing and not yet eliminated. If there is a tie for most votes, I will pick one of the voted users at random. If there are no votes, I will pick a person at random (i.e. role will not matter) to eliminate; suffice it to say it’s in both groups’ best interest to vote for at least one person.

Finally, you are not allowed to reveal your role, privately or publicly, after you have been eliminated. You may not post screengrabs of private messages in this thread.

For reference, the 11 players in this round are:

@ChebyshevII PE @tj_PE @vhab49_PE @txjennah PE @Audi driver, P.E. @JayKay0914 @NikR @jean15paul @chart94 @blybrook PE @leggo PE

I already sent out messages for specific roles. If you did not receive a message, then you are a regular townie.

If you have any questions, or you would like me to tell you which players are still standing, please let me know.

Good luck to all of you.

Edited by RBHeadge PE

8 hours ago, Roarbark said:

Say hi next time!

^^^ Similarly, @RBHeadge PE I guess I'm in if you need people to make quorum, but I doubt I'll have much time. New project notice to proceed is today, and time sensitive projects starting up. 

Thank you for the offer. We had enough for a quorum, so I left you out this round.

Oh man.  11 players?  That means prob 3 mafia.  Which means I'm a triple play of dead.  A hat trick of death!

51 minutes ago, RBHeadge PE said:

I already sent out messages for specific roles. If you did not receive a message, then you are

...a regular townsfolk? A pony? A robocop? What?

12 minutes ago, ChebyshevII PE said:

...a regular townsfolk? A pony? A robocop? What?

a duck-billed platypus.

fixed above

• Thanks 1