EB Mafia - Page 117 - Games - Engineer Boards
Jump to content
Engineer Boards

Recommended Posts

Just now, RBHeadge PE said:

I've been wondering what we'll do come the PE-results wait period?

Obviously, there will be another spam thread. But will this game continue during that "8-10 weeks"? On the one hand, it's a good hook for the newbies to stay on the site, get to know the vets, and be distracted from the exam. OTOH, it could diminsh the proper spam thread, and more importantly we have a tendency to really piss each other off every 2-3 rounds - so maybe not the best way to welcome people to the site.

We can play it by ear. Maybe during that time period we play such that the only posting allowed in the Mafia forum has to be specific to the game?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

7 minutes ago, jean15paul said:
14 minutes ago, RBHeadge PE said:

 If dead already, the doctor can aid their former townie by announcing their previous role without risk.

I thought if you were killed you couldn't announce your role?

You can't, hence why it's part of the larger narrative of why it's unfair

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, jean15paul said:

@NikR does the moderator reveal the role when a person dies? I thought so from the last game. Obviously @tj_PE wasn't mafia since the mafia killed her, but was she doc or cop?

That information is only revealed if the town takes a person out.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, jean15paul said:

As long as we're learning stuff. How are the number of mafia member decided upon? Is that also random? I realize it has to be a number significantly below 50%. But it also seems that the actual number is a secret in during a game.

 

7 minutes ago, ChebyshevII PE said:

It depends on the number of players, mostly. I’ve seen recommendations saying there should be at least a 3-to-1 ratio (or even 4-to-1) of town to mafia. But this is something we’re kind of experimenting with right now, so most of the moderators have been fairly conservative on this number to this point.

:plusone:

 

If the ratio (town:mafia)  is too low, the game can end too early - and usually by chance. Ditto if the ratio is too high. But the game may also drag on too long if the ratio is too high.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, RBHeadge PE said:

 

You can't, hence why it's part of the larger narrative of why it's unfair

Seems like maybe I misunderstood the question or your statement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, RBHeadge PE said:

I've been wondering what we'll do come the PE-results wait period?

Obviously, there will be another spam thread. But will this game continue during that "8-10 weeks"? On the one hand, it's a good hook for the newbies to stay on the site, get to know the vets, and be distracted from the exam. OTOH, it could diminsh the proper spam thread, and more importantly we have a tendency to really piss each other off every 2-3 rounds - so maybe not the best way to welcome people to the site.

Tough love! You've gotta have decently thick skin to hang around these parts.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have no real idea who the mafia is, I promise... But can I still, as a Ded, make my suspicions public on this thread? Or can I say nothing any more related to the game?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, leggo PE said:

Tough love! You've gotta have decently thick skin to hang around these parts.

Is that an endorsement of going full troll come November? 😈 I mean wasn't going to keep the the long-con helpful-vet forever, but I wasn't planning on going full heel until 2021. 😈

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, leggo PE said:

I have no real idea who the mafia is, I promise... But can I still, as a Ded, make my suspicions public on this thread? Or can I say nothing any more related to the game?

 

22 hours ago, NikR said:

Alright guys here we go...

...

You may use this thread to vote and post about the game. Anyone (playing or not playing, eliminated or not) can use this thread to speculate, discuss, accuse, or otherwise participate in the game; just please make sure to follow regular EB forum guidelines.

...

Good luck to all of you.

 

Edited by jean15paul
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, leggo PE said:

I have no real idea who the mafia is, I promise... But can I still, as a Ded, make my suspicions public on this thread? Or can I say nothing any more related to the game?

I think i’ll let the current mod answer that one. The only for sure thing i’ve Seen so far is you can’t reveal your role if it wasn’t known. Seems to me it’s okay to talk about that stuff.

Edited by ChebyshevII PE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(deleted. double post)

Edited by jean15paul

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well then... I was announced as a regular old townie, you silly townies killed one of your own!

But as a former victorious mafiosa, I am going to wager that at least one of the people who switched to vote for me at the end is mafia.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, RBHeadge PE said:

I wasn't planning on going full heel until 2021. 😈

I thought you were already there. ;)

Edited by ChebyshevII PE
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ChebyshevII PE said:

I think i’ll let the current mod answer that one. The only for sure thing i’ve Seen so far is you can’t reveal your role if it wasn’t known. Seems to me it’s okay to talk about that stuff.

I agree. You can make your suspensions known. Or even troll to get people fighting and microwave a batch of popcorn.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, leggo PE said:

Well then... I was announced as a regular old townie, you silly townies killed one of your own!

But as a former victorious mafiosa, I am going to wager that at least one of the people who switched to vote for me at the end is mafia.


¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I just jumped on the leggo bandwagon to avoid getting eliminated myself. Nothing personal

Edited by jean15paul

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jean15paul said:


¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I just jumped on the leggo bandwagon to avoid getting eliminated myself. Nothing personal

Excuses, excuses. I know that mafia mentality.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Obviously, the more one tries to defend onesself, the more likely it is they are mafia.

Maybe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ChebyshevII PE said:

I thought you were already there. ;)

I know you're joking, but dude you have no idea how much I could screw with the waiting noobs if given the time and motivation. I've observed enough of these wait periods to know all the right and wrong buttons to press.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, leggo PE said:

Obviously, the more one tries to defend onesself, the more likely it is they are mafia.

Maybe.

That’s why I almost never defend myself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, leggo PE said:

Obviously, the more one tries to defend onesself, the more likely it is they are mafia.

I'll add that one to the list too.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, RBHeadge PE said:

I know you're joking, but dude you have no idea how much I could screw with the waiting noobs if given the time and motivation. I've observed enough of these wait periods to know all the right and wrong buttons to press.

I believe it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The mafia can always off one of their own to create confusion or as retribution for a misdeed.  As we'll never know @tj_PE's status, it leaves the question out there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, blybrook PE said:

The mafia can always off one of their own to create confusion or as retribution for a misdeed.  As we'll never know @tj_PE's status, it leaves the question out there.

^That's some mafia mentality right there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jean15paul said:

^That's some mafia mentality right there.

I already admitted being a member of the Redneck Mafia!  What more do you want?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know everyone's role and I take bribes.😎

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...