EB Mafia - Page 117 - Games - Engineer Boards
Engineer Boards

Just now, RBHeadge PE said:

I've been wondering what we'll do come the PE-results wait period?

Obviously, there will be another spam thread. But will this game continue during that "8-10 weeks"? On the one hand, it's a good hook for the newbies to stay on the site, get to know the vets, and be distracted from the exam. OTOH, it could diminsh the proper spam thread, and more importantly we have a tendency to really piss each other off every 2-3 rounds - so maybe not the best way to welcome people to the site.

We can play it by ear. Maybe during that time period we play such that the only posting allowed in the Mafia forum has to be specific to the game?

7 minutes ago, jean15paul said:
14 minutes ago, RBHeadge PE said:

If dead already, the doctor can aid their former townie by announcing their previous role without risk.

I thought if you were killed you couldn't announce your role?

You can't, hence why it's part of the larger narrative of why it's unfair

40 minutes ago, jean15paul said:

@NikR does the moderator reveal the role when a person dies? I thought so from the last game. Obviously @tj_PE wasn't mafia since the mafia killed her, but was she doc or cop?

That information is only revealed if the town takes a person out.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, jean15paul said:

As long as we're learning stuff. How are the number of mafia member decided upon? Is that also random? I realize it has to be a number significantly below 50%. But it also seems that the actual number is a secret in during a game.

7 minutes ago, ChebyshevII PE said:

It depends on the number of players, mostly. I’ve seen recommendations saying there should be at least a 3-to-1 ratio (or even 4-to-1) of town to mafia. But this is something we’re kind of experimenting with right now, so most of the moderators have been fairly conservative on this number to this point.

:plusone:

If the ratio (town:mafia)  is too low, the game can end too early - and usually by chance. Ditto if the ratio is too high. But the game may also drag on too long if the ratio is too high.

2 minutes ago, RBHeadge PE said:

You can't, hence why it's part of the larger narrative of why it's unfair

Seems like maybe I misunderstood the question or your statement.

13 minutes ago, RBHeadge PE said:

I've been wondering what we'll do come the PE-results wait period?

Obviously, there will be another spam thread. But will this game continue during that "8-10 weeks"? On the one hand, it's a good hook for the newbies to stay on the site, get to know the vets, and be distracted from the exam. OTOH, it could diminsh the proper spam thread, and more importantly we have a tendency to really piss each other off every 2-3 rounds - so maybe not the best way to welcome people to the site.

Tough love! You've gotta have decently thick skin to hang around these parts.

• Like 4

I have no real idea who the mafia is, I promise... But can I still, as a Ded, make my suspicions public on this thread? Or can I say nothing any more related to the game?

Just now, leggo PE said:

Tough love! You've gotta have decently thick skin to hang around these parts.

Is that an endorsement of going full troll come November? 😈 I mean wasn't going to keep the the long-con helpful-vet forever, but I wasn't planning on going full heel until 2021. 😈

4 minutes ago, leggo PE said:

I have no real idea who the mafia is, I promise... But can I still, as a Ded, make my suspicions public on this thread? Or can I say nothing any more related to the game?

22 hours ago, NikR said:

Alright guys here we go...

You may use this thread to vote and post about the game. Anyone (playing or not playing, eliminated or not) can use this thread to speculate, discuss, accuse, or otherwise participate in the game; just please make sure to follow regular EB forum guidelines.

Good luck to all of you.

Edited by jean15paul
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, leggo PE said:

I think i’ll let the current mod answer that one. The only for sure thing i’ve Seen so far is you can’t reveal your role if it wasn’t known. Seems to me it’s okay to talk about that stuff.

Edited by ChebyshevII PE

(deleted. double post)

Edited by jean15paul

Well then... I was announced as a regular old townie, you silly townies killed one of your own!

But as a former victorious mafiosa, I am going to wager that at least one of the people who switched to vote for me at the end is mafia.

3 minutes ago, RBHeadge PE said:

I wasn't planning on going full heel until 2021. 😈

I thought you were already there. ;)

Edited by ChebyshevII PE
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, ChebyshevII PE said:

I think i’ll let the current mod answer that one. The only for sure thing i’ve Seen so far is you can’t reveal your role if it wasn’t known. Seems to me it’s okay to talk about that stuff.

I agree. You can make your suspensions known. Or even troll to get people fighting and microwave a batch of popcorn.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, leggo PE said:

Well then... I was announced as a regular old townie, you silly townies killed one of your own!

But as a former victorious mafiosa, I am going to wager that at least one of the people who switched to vote for me at the end is mafia.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I just jumped on the leggo bandwagon to avoid getting eliminated myself. Nothing personal

Edited by jean15paul

Just now, jean15paul said:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I just jumped on the leggo bandwagon to avoid getting eliminated myself. Nothing personal

Excuses, excuses. I know that mafia mentality.

Obviously, the more one tries to defend onesself, the more likely it is they are mafia.

Maybe.

1 minute ago, ChebyshevII PE said:

I thought you were already there. ;)

I know you're joking, but dude you have no idea how much I could screw with the waiting noobs if given the time and motivation. I've observed enough of these wait periods to know all the right and wrong buttons to press.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, leggo PE said:

Obviously, the more one tries to defend onesself, the more likely it is they are mafia.

Maybe.

That’s why I almost never defend myself.

1 minute ago, leggo PE said:

I'll add that one to the list too.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, RBHeadge PE said:

I know you're joking, but dude you have no idea how much I could screw with the waiting noobs if given the time and motivation. I've observed enough of these wait periods to know all the right and wrong buttons to press.

I believe it.

The mafia can always off one of their own to create confusion or as retribution for a misdeed.  As we'll never know @tj_PE's status, it leaves the question out there.

1 minute ago, blybrook PE said:

The mafia can always off one of their own to create confusion or as retribution for a misdeed.  As we'll never know @tj_PE's status, it leaves the question out there.

^That's some mafia mentality right there.

3 minutes ago, jean15paul said:

^That's some mafia mentality right there.

I already admitted being a member of the Redneck Mafia!  What more do you want?

I know everyone's role and I take bribes.😎