Michigan results - APR 2019 - Engineer Boards
Engineer Boards
January Jones

Michigan results

How did you do?? I finally passed....Civil, Transportation...3rd attempt. ...Yes it is possible, try EET, they are the BEST and was the game changer for me! 🤩🤩🤩💃🏽🕺🏽💃🏽

Edited by January Jones
  • Like 2

Failed second attempt with 28/18 total 46 structural. Missed all code questions 

Edited by Civeng15
Error
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, January Jones said:

How did you do?? I finally passed....Civil, Transportation...3rd attempt.

Congratulations!

• Like 1

Passed Mechanical: TFS! I think it was probably a close one--I went into it without studying (other than flipping through the MERM the night before to figure out the location of the conversion tables and rough order of topics).

Since we've got a state thread, now... anyone filed their registration yet? I submitted mine two days ago (paid the fee, then emailed in college/grad transcripts and the signed reference form), but haven't heard anything since other than the auto-respond email, which informed me the application would be processed in "4-6 weeks", which seems kind of lengthy given that the process is electronic. Surely it won't actually take that long?

Unfortunately I am under the old rules,  so I'm not sure... I started my application in 2015.. it just took me forever to sit for the exam and then finally pass it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, January Jones said:

Unfortunately I am under the old rules,  so I'm not sure... I started my application in 2015.. it just took me forever to sit for the exam and then finally pass it.

Wow! How did the old rules differ, just out of curiosity? The current revision looks easier, at least in the sense that they seem to require less onerous verification of work experience.

Passed in Civil Construction, first attempt!! 

1 hour ago, NASATimp said:

Wow! How did the old rules differ, just out of curiosity? The current revision looks easier, at least in the sense that they seem to require less onerous verification of work experience.

I'm also in the older system, first submitted my application way back in 2014.  Back then you needed to have like 5 references who could verify your experience and the majority of them had to be PEs that you had worked under.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, QueenieB said:

Passed in Civil Construction, first attempt!! 

I'm also in the older system, first submitted my application way back in 2014.  Back then you needed to have like 5 references who could verify your experience and the majority of them had to be PEs that you had worked under.

Glad that's not necessary anymore; I definitely don't have that.

Got my number! I'm official! :-)

(Is the 10-digit ID number the "real" number, or just the last 5? In other words, what goes on the stamp?)

Edited by NASATimp
  • Like 1

On 5/16/2019 at 10:03 AM, NASATimp said:

Well, with the ones when I started, I had to apply and get approved before sitting for the PE by getting my references, etc and verifying everything. For the current rules, you can take your exams well before having the 4 years of required experience, as long as its after your degree, and once you have all of your items, you turn it in online and they take 4 to 6 weeks to verify and process it all. 

• Like 1

On 5/17/2019 at 11:20 AM, January Jones said:

Well, with the ones when I started, I had to apply and get approved before sitting for the PE by getting my references, etc and verifying everything. For the current rules, you can take your exams well before having the 4 years of required experience, as long as its after your degree, and once you have all of your items, you turn it in online and they take 4 to 6 weeks to verify and process it all. 

Oh, I see. So at this point, you aren't at any disadvantage since your references are already processed.

• Like 1

Passed Mechanical TFS 1st attempt and am already an official licensed Professional Engineer in the state of Michigan.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cvanwy02 said:

Passed Mechanical TFS 1st attempt and am already an official licensed Professional Engineer in the state of Michigan.

image.png.c63a28c3a031b1b01253ec081cf8c1e8.png

• Haha 4

10 hours ago, NASATimp said:

Oh, I see. So at this point, you aren't at any disadvantage since your references are already processed.

Correct. 

• Like 1

Does anyone know whether the license number that ought to go on (for example) a stamp is the full 10-digit number, for example "62010XXXXX" (where the "62010" is common to all PEs in Michigan and other professional licenses seem to have their own five-digit prefix), or just the last part, "XXXXX", for us recent registrations 68XXX in sequence?

On 5/20/2019 at 3:24 PM, NASATimp said:

Does anyone know whether the license number that ought to go on (for example) a stamp is the full 10-digit number, for example "62010XXXXX" (where the "62010" is common to all PEs in Michigan and other professional licenses seem to have their own five-digit prefix), or just the last part, "XXXXX", for us recent registrations 68XXX in sequence?

It's the last 5 digits.  Verified with (2) coworkers stamps.

• Like 1

Just now, cvanwy02 said:

Annnnnd I just looked at another coworkers stamp and he has the full 10 digits... this tells me its a preferential thing?

• Like 1

On 5/24/2019 at 1:18 PM, cvanwy02 said:

On 5/24/2019 at 1:20 PM, cvanwy02 said:

Annnnnd I just looked at another coworkers stamp and he has the full 10 digits... this tells me its a preferential thing?

Very interesting! Two votes for 5 and one vote for 10... I like the idea of 5 better, personally, and it's extremely unlikely I'll ever stamp anything so....

On 6/1/2019 at 4:19 PM, NASATimp said:

Very interesting! Two votes for 5 and one vote for 10... I like the idea of 5 better, personally, and it's extremely unlikely I'll ever stamp anything so....

I received my stamp Friday and ordered it with 10.

Does anyone know if we can expect anything in the mail from the State or is the license look-up/verification all that we can expect once our applications are finalized?

On 6/3/2019 at 10:18 PM, QueenieB said:

Does anyone know if we can expect anything in the mail from the State or is the license look-up/verification all that we can expect once our applications are finalized?

You should get your actual paper license in the mail.

4 hours ago, cvanwy02 said:

You should get your actual paper license in the mail.

Got it. It is... very unimpressive. Like a cosmetology license or something.

9 hours ago, NASATimp said:

Haha it is the same exact license cosmetologist get.  Are you a member of MSPE?  They will have a new engineers dinner in October where they give out much nicer looking certificates.

13 hours ago, NASATimp said:

It is certainly unimpressive compared to what APEGA (Alberta) hands out, but it was somehow more satisfying for me to receive in the mail than my APEGA license...

On 6/6/2019 at 6:52 AM, cvanwy02 said:

Haha it is the same exact license cosmetologist get.  Are you a member of MSPE?  They will have a new engineers dinner in October where they give out much nicer looking certificates.

I'm not actually. Kind of pricey, isn't it? Where's the dinner happen? (I don't actually live in Michigan.) Possible to attend without being a member... or get the certificate without attending? :-)