April 2019 Results Map - Page 14 - APR 2019 - Engineer Boards
Engineer Boards
 photo CHPE_AnimatedWebBanner_650x1202_zps5704d467.gif
Sign in to follow this  
RBHeadge PE

April 2019 Results Map

Passed the Florida WRE. 

PS, I don't recommend PPI for any future test takers. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, john813 said:

Passed the Florida WRE. 

PS, I don't recommend PPI for any future test takers. 

For PE Transportation, I find School of PE and Test Masters to be very useful.

So MN state board says that they "just" got the results, will send out letters today, and NCEES will "most likely" be updated end of day tomorrow.

looks like I live to f5 another day.

• Like 2

I would like to congratulate everyone that passed, cheers to you guys!! And those who were not fortunate enough this time.....Please, retake the test. I am a second time taker I scored 45/80 October 2018 and passed this April. You guys can do it......... I feel for you and strongly encourage you to retake it... Thank you to the great admins and people who are serving the engineering community with this great forum.....You guys are the best...  

• Like 11

Waiting on NJ...

Still seeing "unchecked" on my checklist, assuming that it's being updated one person at a time, I figure those that see a "passed" status might have last names earlier on in the alphabet? My last name starts with an L which should put me right in the middle.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, 8-10 Weeks Later said:

and NCEES will "most likely" be updated end of day tomorrow.

I've seen them use that language before. You shouldn't be surprised if it happens a lot sooner than that...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RBHeadge PE said:

I've seen them use that language before. You shouldn't be surprised if it happens a lot sooner than that...

image.png.531620ce277b8795b0aa0dce8d2004f4.png

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, CivilPE4ME said:

Dr_j. Glad my misery makes you laugh

Didn't want to be rude but my boss was talking about how he had to wait for his PE results in the mail and it took forever to arrive. He did the test in Arkansas like 15 years ago. So you mentioning the mail made me laugh. Sorry about that..I hope you get your results soon and that you pass

Just now, CivilPE4ME said:

It's all good.  :)  But it's total misery!! AHHH!

Feel you..I was waiting TX to release yesterday and was anxious all day long

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Reivax_Wolf said:

Waiting on NJ...

Still seeing "unchecked" on my checklist, assuming that it's being updated one person at a time, I figure those that see a "passed" status might have last names earlier on in the alphabet? My last name starts with an L which should put me right in the middle.

Log out and log in again. I just did it and it updated to "Completed 05/14/19". Hoping this means I passed but still holding out until I see it on NCEES.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ALHB said:

Bcn989 Did your just change? Or did it look like that this morning? 

Out of curiosity, what’s on your checklist?

2 hours ago, FLPE said:

5/14/19 1:40 PM EST

Florida PE PASS !!!!!!!

WOOHOOOOOOOOO

Props to EET AM & PM

Pass.png

Did you feel the EET prep course helped you significantly with your afternoon portion, or just moderately? Looking for a good prep course for my second attempt this October. Failed Civil: Structural with a 49/80 (30 AM/19 PM).

1 minute ago, hardhatsandpinkshoes said:

Did you feel the EET prep course helped you significantly with your afternoon portion, or just moderately? Looking for a good prep course for my second attempt this October. Failed Civil: Structural with a 49/80 (30 AM/19 PM).

Hi hardhatsandpinkshoes!

I can say EET helped me significantly for my afternoon portion success.  They are well worth the ~$500 for the PM course and I would recommend signing up for the On-Demand classes so that you can start studying early.  I believe they allot about 1.5-2 months for the AM portion and only 1 month for the PM, so don't wait until they start to start reviewing their material because it will be rushed.  Their video lectures are very good, but they can go a little heavy into the theoretical stuff like indeterminate analysis which I don't think is worth the time to study.

Here is the biggest advantage of EET: they provide numerous problems for each type of problem and give you a wide variety of different problems.   What I did is create an index of all the problems in their tabbed binders so that I can quickly reference the solution process for a similar problem on the exam.  This approach alone helped me with around 15 problems.  Make sure to bring all the codes you can because the conceptual questions are easy points.

You were very close to a passing score!  With a few minor changes to your strategy, you will easily pass it.  I suggest getting your AM up to 32-34 and then letting EET revamp your PM session.

Good luck!

• Like 2

I also took EET Structural for both AM and PM.

I do agree that they did focus on indeterminate analysis and force/load effects far too much but it allowed me to view numerous examples which helped conceptually.

They were great on both Steel and Concrete which it seems the depth focuses most heavily upon.

One thing that helped maybe more than anything this go around was being more familiar with my references.

Edited by ads0221

Illinois email posted at 3:41 5-14-2019. Passed!  NCEES posted prior to CTS.

Edited by Lollice
  • Thanks 1

Third time was a charm! Got the email for CO bright and early today!

Some coworkers told me I'd receive a second email right away with my license number...Any Coloradans hear that or have that experience?? Makes me nervous...I keep checking NCEES to make sure I did in-fact pass....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dr_J said:

For PE Transportation, I find School of PE and Test Masters to be very useful.

TestMasters was my first choice, but a week before the class started they informed me the in-person class in my area failed to get enough seats and I could either watch a live recording from home or watch a previously recorded session. No way I could focus for the 6 or so hours watching a lecture from home. Especially with a 14 month old who knows how to open doors lol. 

Had a friend take TM for the Transportation and said it was very helpful. 

To expand on my previous comment, I thought PPI was good for the AM section of the test. The spots they told us to highlight and or tab was mostly on point.  The PM they relied too much on Six Minute Solutions and some hard as hell PMX practice test which were impossible to solve. Neither of those books had any question similar to the PM section IMO. Didn't feel confident going into the test for the Water/WW section and left feeling shaky there. 

Still can't believe I passed(1st time). 

Good luck to the folks in MN, NJ and other states that have yet to release results

16:45 Update. Added Illinois. Updated Massachusetts and New Jersey to reflect the ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ and tea leaf reading.

1700.png

Edited by RBHeadge PE
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, john813 said:

Good luck to the folks in MN, NJ and other states that have yet to release results

Thanks man, this is torture... I'm beginning to believe that Prince actually died waiting for PE results.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, RBHeadge PE said:

16:45 Update. Added Illinois. Updated Massachusetts and New Jersey to reflect the ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ and tea leave reading.

1700.png

MA is officially out

Passed!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, FLPE said:

Hi hardhatsandpinkshoes!

I can say EET helped me significantly for my afternoon portion success.  They are well worth the ~$500 for the PM course and I would recommend signing up for the On-Demand classes so that you can start studying early.  I believe they allot about 1.5-2 months for the AM portion and only 1 month for the PM, so don't wait until they start to start reviewing their material because it will be rushed.  Their video lectures are very good, but they can go a little heavy into the theoretical stuff like indeterminate analysis which I don't think is worth the time to study.

Here is the biggest advantage of EET: they provide numerous problems for each type of problem and give you a wide variety of different problems.   What I did is create an index of all the problems in their tabbed binders so that I can quickly reference the solution process for a similar problem on the exam.  This approach alone helped me with around 15 problems.  Make sure to bring all the codes you can because the conceptual questions are easy points.

You were very close to a passing score!  With a few minor changes to your strategy, you will easily pass it.  I suggest getting your AM up to 32-34 and then letting EET revamp your PM session.

Good luck!

@FLPE Thank you so much! That was extremely helpful. Also good to know I can purchase just the depth portion. I truly feel I can get my morning scores up on my own, as I can think of at least two questions from this exam cycle that I would have gotten correct had I read the question more carefully ;) Realistically, there are probably more I can do that with as well. 

13 minutes ago, ads0221 said:

I also took EET Structural for both AM and PM.

I do agree that they did focus on indeterminate analysis and force/load effects far too much but it allowed me to view numerous examples which helped conceptually.

They were great on both Steel and Concrete which it seems the depth focuses most heavily upon.

One thing that helped maybe more than anything this go around was being more familiar with my references.

@ads0221 Thank you for this advice! Honestly, my codes afternoon score was 1/4, which didn't surprise me. One I couldn't find, and two I didn't even have the manuals for, so they were a flat-out guess. If I would have had those, maybe I would have passed. Who knows? Definitely plan to be more familiar with (and bring all) my resources this go round...especially for the afternoon!

Im in Illinois and I got an email from NCEES. I passed! second try. The state website hasn't updated yet so hopefully this is the real thing.....I finally passed 😭

• Like 4