April 2019 Post Exam Wait Period - Welcome to the Suck - Page 74 - Anything about the PE Exam - Engineer Boards
Engineer Boards
Sign in to follow this  
RBHeadge PE

April 2019 Post Exam Wait Period - Welcome to the Suck

1 minute ago, Str. Entrepreneur said:

Lol. But when I come to think of it, releasing scores is extraneous since they set a threshold for competency. It's not like the USMLE for doctors where your level of competency as defined by the board matters. I'm actually thankful NCEES is not like the USMLE or the BAR.

Indeed, and the threshold changes every administration.

photo CHPE_AnimatedWebBanner_650x1202_zps5704d467.gif

so they've already run statistics on my results that I'm not allowed to see for some arbitrary reason...super

electrical power has a 50% pass rate... double super

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ChebyshevII_PE said:

For the record, WA has something similar. WA requires 8 years of experience, but an accredited BS degree can count for up to 4 years of that experience.

Wisconsin is similar to this as well.  8 years of "experience" is required but can be split to 4 years of education and 4 years of work, or 2 years of school and 6 years of work.  Schools do need to be ABET accredited though.  I have heard, however, that the Wisconsin state board members do not (will not?) generally issue licenses to anyone with the 2 year degrees.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, 8-10 Weeks Later said:

so they've already run statistics on my results that I'm not allowed to see for some arbitrary reason...super

electrical power has a 50% pass rate... double super

This is just dumb

• Like 2

MN peeps, called board again, letters have been sent, and to paraphrase: results are released, should be able to see them shortly, by end of day at the latest

5 hours ago, Mo917 said:

PE-Structural. Unfortunately failed, first attempt.  I got 34 AM & 14 PM so 48 total. My buddy took the same test, got 51 total and still failed. Both in VA. 

Took School of PE and it was very useful for the AM but useless for the PM. Talking to friends who took it last October, their PM questions was very well aligned with the school of pe notes. 

Any advice on study material or references to use for the afternoon? I had all the codes but still got a zero on the codes categories

I took SOPE too and felt the same. Good for the AM and crap for the PM. I hear a lot of people like EET for the PM portion. Maybe give that a try?

1 hour ago, 8-10 Weeks Later said:

MN peeps, called board again, letters have been sent, and to paraphrase: results are released, should be able to see them shortly, by end of day at the latest

whelp, looks like everything I've been told was a lie designed specifically to make me go through the stages of grief again. Time to go home and pound a box of mac and cheese... uncooked.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, 8-10 Weeks Later said:

whelp, looks like everything I've been told was a lie designed specifically to make me go through the stages of grief again. Time to go home and pound a box of mac and cheese... uncooked.

Nevermind! MN is in and I passed! literally got the notification as I was leaving the work parking lot.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, 8-10 Weeks Later said:

Nevermind! MN is in and I passed! literally got the notification as I was leaving the work parking lot.

Congrats! I passed too! Fulton next week lets go! DM me.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, MspSdf said:

Congrats! I passed too! Fulton next week lets go! DM me.

For sure, I'll check my schedule tomorrow. Any other MNers up for a beer next week?

3 hours ago, 8-10 Weeks Later said:

For sure, I'll check my schedule tomorrow. Any other MNers up for a beer next week?

If I find out I passed before EOB on Friday, we are just going to drink at work.  We've all had a rough week.  lol  Congrats on the pass!

• Like 2

FWIW on the "8 years of experience" thing, that's also how Michigan frames it... so it's not just the crazy West Coast:

"Provide documentation of at least 8 years of professional experience in engineering work acceptable to the board of professional engineers, including not more than 5 years of education pursuant to MCL 339.2004(2)(a)"

1 hour ago, NASATimp said:

FWIW on the "8 years of experience" thing, that's also how Michigan frames it... so it's not just the crazy West Coast:

"Provide documentation of at least 8 years of professional experience in engineering work acceptable to the board of professional engineers, including not more than 5 years of education pursuant to MCL 339.2004(2)(a)"

That’s the only way I get to be a PE.  CA is similar, I don’t have an engineering degree, just one in applied math and a lot of experience in solar.

• Like 2

It appear I mistakenly applied for the wrong license class!  I was always intending to apply to Mechanical (M) with the HVAC discipline.  Instead, I carelessly ticked off the HVAC category on the exam application.  Now after all this effort my license class isn't even the one I was hoping for!  Does anyone know if engineering boards can amend a license class?  I took the same test as I would have under the mechanical HVAC discipline..  Oh man I am really hoping theres an easy solution to this!

On 5/18/2019 at 9:22 AM, License to Chill said:

It appear I mistakenly applied for the wrong license class!  I was always intending to apply to Mechanical (M) with the HVAC discipline.  Instead, I carelessly ticked off the HVAC category on the exam application.  Now after all this effort my license class isn't even the one I was hoping for!  Does anyone know if engineering boards can amend a license class?  I took the same test as I would have under the mechanical HVAC discipline..  Oh man I am really hoping theres an easy solution to this!

Unfortunately I think they require you take some Grad courses for it. 😱  

8 minutes ago, PowerStroke79_PE said:

Unfortunately I think they require you take some Grad courses for it. 😱  

Take grad courses to correct a license class?  lol.  That would be cruel and unusual.  My HVAC engineer peers who ticked the right box on the application are all class Ms..  I want my M class too!  😭

• Haha 1