April 2019 Post Exam Wait Period - Welcome to the Suck - Page 5 - Anything about the PE Exam - Engineer Boards
Engineer Boards
Sign in to follow this  
RBHeadge PE

April 2019 Post Exam Wait Period - Welcome to the Suck

Took the ME MMD.  Pretty much the same as everyone else.  Feel really good about the morning section but some of the afternoon questions - no way they could have been done in 6 minutes.  Plus I'm sure I started freaking out about time and made stupid mistakes in the afternoon.  So we'll see.

• Like 1

I got my survey e-mail. Yay I failed!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, RBHeadge PE said:

There were not any new exams this session.

Hmmmmm so does that mean some of us should be expecting our results back around May 6-10th?  I saw that results often came back in the 30-35 day range on past exams, I'm assuming that was when there weren't any new exams?

Got the NCEES survey email this morning as well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ashmur90 said:

I got my survey e-mail. Yay I failed!!!!

It doesn't mean you failed.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, daydreambeliever said:

It doesn't mean you failed.

Oh I know...I was just joking around haha.

2 minutes ago, ashmur90 said:

Oh I know...I was just joking around haha.

haha, I feel like I'm already starting to freak out. I need a vacation stat!!! It's been extremely difficult to get back in the grove at work. I have so many deadlines but I just can't focus!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, daydreambeliever said:

haha, I feel like I'm already starting to freak out. I need a vacation stat!!! It's been extremely difficult to get back in the grove at work. I have so many deadlines but I just can't focus!

Same here. I had two projects pop up with a deadline of next Thursday and I'm like 😅

7 minutes ago, daydreambeliever said:

Ditto

11 hours ago, FromThisSoil said:

Was the question on the AM you thought had multiple possible answers, a question with multiple statements given and then asking you which of those statements were true?

No not that one. The question I am referring to needed more information to determine which answer would be most appropriate. I used my best judgment and I think I may have gotten it correct but it should not have been on the exam in my opinion (or worded differently). There was one other that I think could have had 2 correct answers based on the info provided. 

I will express my concerns in the survey I received this morning. :) 

14 hours ago, CivilJWtransp said:

I just recently took PE Civil Transportation for the 3rd time

I think I’m at phase 2.  I was more confident with morning than the afternoon.  And I’m already predicting result timeframe.

i think the thing that bothered me the most was this test taker next to me talking over codes out loud.

Haa, totally relate to a bothering neighbor. The guy next to me hit his calculator so hard ,every time he picked it up like he was going to break it :)!!

17 minutes ago, SoilDR said:

Haa, totally relate to a bothering neighbor. The guy next to me hit his calculator so hard ,every time he picked it up like he was going to break it :)!!

Girl next to me was eating pretzels and stuff the entire test. The crunching and the bag rustling was getting old, fast.

28 minutes ago, Zstone said:

No not that one. The question I am referring to needed more information to determine which answer would be most appropriate. I used my best judgment and I think I may have gotten it correct but it should not have been on the exam in my opinion (or worded differently). There was one other that I think could have had 2 correct answers based on the info provided. 

I will express my concerns in the survey I received this morning. :) 

are you talking about the one where a dimension was missing?  Or maybe it wasn't and I just didn't know how to do it without that dimension 😕 I ended up scaling what they gave us and just used that number, it ended up being really close to one of the answers so I dunno.

32 minutes ago, ashmur90 said:

Girl next to me was eating pretzels and stuff the entire test. The crunching and the bag rustling was getting old, fast.

wtf

the guide says "unintrustive snacks like hard candy" 

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, ashmur90 said:

Jeez! That is so distracting.

Right? I mean I was forcing myself to eat lunch and breakfast I was so nervous. How can you eat all throughout both sessions AND a lunch?

1 hour ago, ashmur90 said:

When I took the PE exam, I had a girl behind me eating ice...it gets annoying very quickly.

8 minutes ago, McEng said:

When I took the PE exam, I had a girl behind me eating ice...it gets annoying very quickly.

Did she bring in a cooler? Where did she store the ice.

13 hours ago, Matt Skillet said:

Any repeat takers confirm the 56 year was harder than the 52 year? I guess I will be able to contribute when Texas gives me my score.

A higher cut score is indicative of an easier exam.

Measuring relative exam difficulty amongst examinees isn't easily quantifiable.

2 hours ago, ATDoel said:

Hmmmmm so does that mean some of us should be expecting our results back around May 6-10th?  I saw that results often came back in the 30-35 day range on past exams, I'm assuming that was when there weren't any new exams?

Previous april exams released after 34-upper-forty days. Interpret that however you will. But do consider if May 6-10 fits in the historic range.

2 hours ago, YW55 said:

Got the NCEES survey email this morning as well.

@knight1fox3

2 minutes ago, NikR said:

Did she bring in a cooler? Where did she store the ice.

It was in a cup.

Just now, McEng said:

It was in a cup.

All she needed was some scotch and she was golden.😉

3 minutes ago, NikR said:

All she needed was some scotch and she was golden.😉

Ha!! I would have been ok with that, if should would share.

• Like 1

I remember when I first saw this thread for October 18. I was like boy the wait does suck and it only had been few days. Though this was nothing compared to how my feelings got manipulated here during the results week lol

Edited by Mo84
deleted extra word

What exactly is the purpose of the survey? is this our opportunity to complain about errors/discrepancies on the test?