April 2019 Post Exam Wait Period - Welcome to the Suck - Page 3 - Anything about the PE Exam - Engineer Boards
Engineer Boards
Sign in to follow this  
RBHeadge PE

April 2019 Post Exam Wait Period - Welcome to the Suck

6 minutes ago, Nashi said:

I keep having dreams about the problems.

I seriously woke up around midnight last night, grabbed my phone and googled one of the topics. Pretty sure I got that particular problem wrong. haha, I may be transitioning to a different phase now. 

The hubby are planning a trip for the end of May/beginning of June sans toddler so I'm super stoked. I may be either celebrating or drowning my sorrows by that point.

11 minutes ago, Nashi said:

Wow that was quick. That's why its good to book a small get away to take your mind off it.

I keep having dreams about the problems...nothing a short trip wont cure.

Yeah... I feel bad for the guy but I've also been there so I get it.

I've got a trip next week and I'm so freaking excited. I told boyfriend that I was taking a brain break until after our trip on technical reading. But when we return, I'll be back to reading textbooks - unrelated to the PE tho. Tho what I'd reading may assist on the PE if I have to take it again. Just working on my technical depth for work 

3 minutes ago, daydreambeliever said:

I seriously woke up around midnight last night, grabbed my phone and googled one of the topics. Pretty sure I got that particular problem wrong. haha, I may be transitioning to a different phase now. 

The hubby are planning a trip for the end of May/beginning of June sans toddler so I'm super stoked. I may be either celebrating or drowning my sorrows by that point.

I know I looked up a few topics I remembered too. It was such a lively dream and my toddler was kicking in his dreams and I was like is he also dreaming about the PE:)

Nice...something fun to look forward to.

Our little guy is going with us..its an anniversary celebration trip.

2 minutes ago, Nashi said:

I know I looked up a few topics I remembered too. It was such a lively dream and my toddler was kicking in his dreams and I was like is he also dreaming about the PE:)

Nice...something fun to look forward to.

Our little guy is going with us..its an anniversary celebration trip.

Haha wouldn't that be crazy if he woke up asking you about the delta/wye relationships!!!!!

Yeah I feel a little guilty about not taking her with us so that's why we are waiting several weeks to go. We're going to the beach and I really just want to plant my ass in the sand and drink. Can't really do that with a toddler. We'll be taking the family beach trip in July so it won't be much longer before she gets to go.

You guys have fun! I'm sure he'll be happy to have your undivided attention. My kiddo is still recovering from me leaving the house every weekend and staying late at work to study. 

It appears that I am the only one on the forum that took the Mechanical TFS exam???

• Like 1

Haha yeah the only delta and wye he would be worried about is the delta in the amount of food on his plate or "why" his toys are missing in the living room:)

I understand...plant that ass:) and just stare off into the distance.

I plan to watch my son play in the water and just be a mama for once. He has been visiting me in the spare room which I grew to hate because it represents the study lair I've been stuck in as time just miraculously flew by every day I studied. I haven't gone in there since the day before the test:P

Enjoy your well deserved trip:)

53 minutes ago, daydreambeliever said:

Haha wouldn't that be crazy if he woke up asking you about the delta/wye relationships!!!!!

Yeah I feel a little guilty about not taking her with us so that's why we are waiting several weeks to go. We're going to the beach and I really just want to plant my ass in the sand and drink. Can't really do that with a toddler. We'll be taking the family beach trip in July so it won't be much longer before she gets to go.

You guys have fun! I'm sure he'll be happy to have your undivided attention. My kiddo is still recovering from me leaving the house every weekend and staying late at work to study. 

1 hour ago, LyceeFruit said:

Yeah... I feel bad for the guy but I've also been there so I get it.

I've got a trip next week and I'm so freaking excited. I told boyfriend that I was taking a brain break until after our trip on technical reading. But when we return, I'll be back to reading textbooks - unrelated to the PE tho. Tho what I'd reading may assist on the PE if I have to take it again. Just working on my technical depth for work 

I totally understand...especially when you double back on a problem you put off on the first go to get the easier ones and then you run out of time to get the more involved problems you know you would get if you had more time.

Yes a brain break is needed..you will come back refreshed to tackle the other work...where are you guys heading to?

5 minutes ago, Nashi said:

I totally understand...especially when you double back on a problem you put off on the first go to get the easier ones and then you run out of time to get the more involved problems you know you would get if you had more time.

Yes a brain break is needed..you will come back refreshed to tackle the other work...where are you guys heading to?

Florida Keys, we're in Maine and winter is never ending this year. Literally. It's snowing right now.

How about you guys??

9 minutes ago, LyceeFruit said:

Florida Keys, we're in Maine and winter is never ending this year. Literally. It's snowing right now.

How about you guys??

Ha, I'm in Alabama, it's 80 degrees here, I'm going to New York, Vermont, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, and Rhode Island for two weeks this Friday.  

I always wanted to go to Maine...eventually but not in winter.

Luckily its not snowing here in NY.

We are headed to Bermuda on a cruise:) I'm looking forward to the pink sand and the caves.

1 minute ago, ATDoel said:

Ha, I'm in Alabama, it's 80 degrees here, I'm going to New York, Vermont, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, and Rhode Island for two weeks this Friday.  

Bring boots. It's mud season in VT and NH. My car is covered in VerMUD from Friday/Saturday. If you'll be in Burlington, you'll be fine. But otherwise, yeah loads of mud 

2 minutes ago, Nashi said:

I always wanted to go to Maine...eventually but not in winter.

Luckily its not snowing here in NY.

We are headed to Bermuda on a cruise:) I'm looking forward to the pink sand and the caves.

Understandable.

Summer is about the middle 2 weeks of July so.... lol

2 minutes ago, LyceeFruit said:

Bring boots. It's mud season in VT and NH. My car is covered in VerMUD from Friday/Saturday. If you'll be in Burlington, you'll be fine. But otherwise, yeah loads of mud 

Yup, that's what I heard.  We'll be in Burlington.  In NH we're going to the white mountains, hoping to do some winter hiking while there's still snow/ice at elevation.

Oh wow..haha...good to know.

And I thought NY winters were bad.

2 minutes ago, LyceeFruit said:

Understandable.

Summer is about the middle 2 weeks of July so.... lol

15 minutes ago, ATDoel said:

Yup, that's what I heard.  We'll be in Burlington.  In NH we're going to the white mountains, hoping to do some winter hiking while there's still snow/ice at elevation.

Follow the website newenglandtrailconditions.com so you know what you're getting into.

If you can't do one of the bigger peaks, Kearsarge North in Conway & Peaked& Middle in Conway are both decent hikes with good views. 

There was 3 ft of snowpack in Vermont on Saturday at Camels Hump. It was mashed potatoes tho. 

17 minutes ago, Nashi said:

Oh wow..haha...good to know.

And I thought NY winters were bad.

I mean it's mostly a joke. But we do only get a couple of weeks or completely unbearable heat & humidity unlike other parts of the country. It's still nice for the rest of the summer. And some places aren't air-conditioned so I would actually avoid mid-July. 

1 hour ago, cvanwy02 said:

It appears that I am the only one on the forum that took the Mechanical TFS exam???

Hope it went well.

• Like 1

On 4/8/2019 at 12:29 PM, Road Guy said:

what do you all think the cut score will be? 

;)

One less than I got right. If i got 55 right, then 54 is cutoff for example.

I think I am still fried, tried to use my NCEES password to login here.

Construction for third time. If I passed, will never use 80-90 % of material again. 

Construction is misnomer. I have plenty of experience with underground construction (tanks and pipelines), but most references are for building construction.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Audi driver, P.E. said:

Hope it went well.

I felt like it went well but I hear that's a bad thing haha.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Geralyn said:

I took the IE test in Pomona, CA. Was there any other IE’s there? 

It was my first time. I’m trying to keep my thoughts from being negative. I’m thankful it’s over. 

I took the IE exam in AR. Not many of us around. I am really unsure about how it went. Not very confident.

• Like 1

It was snowing as I was leaving the PE test site (Albany, NY). I had taken Thursday off to relax and switch over to my summer tires. Felt like Mother Nature was playing a cruel belated April Fools joke...

Edited by preeb

49 minutes ago, Purple said:

I took the IE exam in AR. Not many of us around. I am really unsure about how it went. Not very confident.

Hi! I think the majority of engineers at the test site were civil. 

I agree with you that there were not many IEs there. 

Ive been in Phase 2 since exam day. I know i answered at least 60 correct. Out of the 20 remaining, I know I missed 5 for sure. I figured out the correct answers after the exam. The remaining 15 can go either way.

This will be a long 6-8wks, but it beats having to sacrifice evenings and weekends studying. I took Transportation.

• Like 2

Is there a phase where you're constantly creeping on Engineerboards.com just to see the chatter? I think I'm there.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Purple said:

3 hours ago, Geralyn said:

Hi! I think the majority of engineers at the test site were civil. 

I agree with you that there were not many IEs there. 

I took it in AR. 

Mechanical HVAC here. I saw a few other HVAC guys there too, but yes typically most are Civils