Re-Examination Application - CA-Seismic/Survey Exams - Engineer Boards
Jump to content
Engineer Boards
Sign in to follow this  
wheresmyresults

Re-Examination Application

Recommended Posts

How long does it take for BPELSG to accept a re-examination application? 

Just a little worried because it's been 2 weeks and the check for the reexamination fee hasn't been cashed.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, wheresmyresults said:

How long does it take for BPELSG to accept a re-examination application? 

Just a little worried because it's been 2 weeks and the check for the reexamination fee hasn't been cashed.  

Generally speaking, when the re-exam form and appropriate fees are received, it is accepted.  You can always contact the Board to check, but its probably just seasonal workload.  Prepare for the exam and do well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You should be getting an email indicating your re-examination application has been processed within a month but like CAPLS said, it could be season workload. I would assume also they technically have until the end of quarter to process your application. If you havent heard from them yet, shoot them an email.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When I applied for re-examination in the beginning of October 2018 I only got approval by mid December. They did cash my check within about 2.5 weeks after I mailed the papers. So I am also curious whether they just process them all as bulk by the end of the quarter or they review/approve them as they come in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/28/2019 at 1:21 PM, CAPLS said:

Generally speaking, when the re-exam form and appropriate fees are received, it is accepted.  You can always contact the Board to check, but its probably just seasonal workload.  Prepare for the exam and do well.

So, since the results were released yesterday, I mailed out the form and check. It should be delivered today (03/19)
 

Will I be able to re-take the test in the 2nd quarter? Or will I have to wait until the 3rd quarter to re-take, considering it's almost the end of the first quarter?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, structural2552 said:

So, since the results were released yesterday, I mailed out the form and check. It should be delivered today (03/19)
 

Will I be able to re-take the test in the 2nd quarter? Or will I have to wait until the 3rd quarter to re-take, considering it's almost the end of the first quarter?

Any completed Re-exam forms received by the Board prior to the end of the quarter will be processed for the following quarter.  There is a supplemental list prepared to accommodate those received very close to the last day of each quarter.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just received my e-mail with technical review comments (first application). It did not say that I was denied/need to reapply, but asked for supplemental information. This includes additional state licensure verification for my references and more specific descriptions of my engineering tasks and duties.

@CAPLS If I get the information back to the reviewer today, and she approves me say on Friday, March 29, then the supplemental list allows me to take the exam either next quarter (April-June) or the following (July-September)?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RhoYourBoat said:

I just received my e-mail with technical review comments (first application). It did not say that I was denied/need to reapply, but asked for supplemental information. This includes additional state licensure verification for my references and more specific descriptions of my engineering tasks and duties.

@CAPLS If I get the information back to the reviewer today, and she approves me say on Friday, March 29, then the supplemental list allows me to take the exam either next quarter (April-June) or the following (July-September)?

Depends on when the Board receives the additional information and that you have satisfied the criteria for becoming licensed.  Feel free to include a note to the reviewer asking for contact upon further review so you can plan ahead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have those of you who applied for re-examination in March after the 19th received anything? I have not heard back from the board and am somewhat concerned...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Water_engineer said:

Have those of you who applied for re-examination in March after the 19th received anything? I have not heard back from the board and am somewhat concerned..

I didn't receive anything. They cashed my check on the 22nd - two days after my application was delivered.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/31/2019 at 2:59 PM, Water_engineer said:

Have those of you who applied for re-examination in March after the 19th received anything? I have not heard back from the board and am somewhat concerned...

If your re-examination form was RECEIVED by the board on or before the last working day of March (March 29th), expect to receive an email with the ATT somewhere around the 2nd or 3rd week of April. In other words, you will be allowed to test in quarter 2 if they received your exam form and check/money order on or before last Friday. 

Source: Evaluator at the BPELSG (conversation over phone)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/1/2019 at 7:53 AM, Maycha said:

I didn't receive anything. They cashed my check on the 22nd - two days after my application was delivered.

Now I’m really concerned, my check has not been cashed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Water_engineer said:

Now I’m really concerned, my check has not been cashed

I would email them, they are usually very responsive. Or even call them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone heard back from the board about their re-examination application?

Edited by structural2552

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, structural2552 said:

Anyone heard back from the board about their re-examination application?

Absolutely nothing..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, structural2552 said:

Still nothing right?

I do not have anything yet. I talked to them and they said it would be coming later than expected, but still in April most likely. hopefully late this week or early next week now that the results of the March exams are out.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I received authorization to take the seismic test in the second quarter two weeks before I took the test near the end of the first quarter.  Still waiting for results...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/16/2019 at 2:18 PM, Water_engineer said:

i received mine for surveying, not seismic yet.

Still nothing for seismic?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...