Hello from South Carolina

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pink Engr

Reaction score
I am looking for a PE review class.  I am old school and would like a classroom review setting, but that doesn't seem to exist anymore.  I will be taking the PE Environmental exam, target date April 2019, and yes I know it will be CBT.  I am looking at School of PE online review course.  Recommendations or endorsements on a review class needed.  Also, when is the best time to take the review course?  I'm thinking Sept. 2018 is way to early for a review class if I want to sit for the exam in April 2019.  And lastly, any recommendations on a review/study guide.  Thanks.

Browse the forums, there's lots of reviews on people's experiences with review courses. 

Also check with a local university or engineering association (asce, seaw, aisc, etc) to see if they have an in person course locally. Many do, they're just not as advertised to the masses since they're locally focused and in person. 

I will say that EET seems to be the winner in my discipline but I have no idea for yours. 

Also, welcome! 

Adrienne, the start of study time will really depend on how much time you can dedicate each day/week to the exam. You may want to start doing 1-2 hours a week and then in January go full speed with studying.  

If you go with a review class it is most likely going to coincide with the next exam. So ifar you do an online review in September,  they will be prepping you for an October exam and you will lose access after the October exam. 

8n terms of a classroom review, you may be limited based on the smaller popularity of that exam. For civil most of the inperson review course I've seen were generic courses mainly focused on the breadth section. 

Review course is a large expense, so definitely do you research to see which is best for you. I went with EET for construction and had a wonderful experience with them. Cost was 1 of my deciding factors since they were a fraction of what others charge, but unlike most situations in life, going based on cheaper did not result in a poor learning experience. 

Back