Engineer Boards
​ ​
ME_VT

California

Guest JabroniEngineer

Anybody know when results will be released for people who took the CA exams in early/mid May?

1 hour ago, Guest JabroniEngineer said:

Anybody know when results will be released for people who took the CA exams in early/mid May?

I believe @CAPLS said results should typically be available in the middle of the month following the month in which you took the exam. So, probably mid-June for those who took the exam at any time in May would be my guess.

57 minutes ago, leggo PE said:

I believe @CAPLS said results should typically be available in the middle of the month following the month in which you took the exam. So, probably mid-June for those who took the exam at any time in May would be my guess.

What she said

• Like 1

Guest JabroniEngineer
1 hour ago, leggo PE said:

35 minutes ago, CAPLS said:

What she said

Thanks!

89036 is the latest CA license number as of 6/5/18.

For those of you who JUST got their lic. number.... is the expiration date Sept. '18?? Mine is and I'm wondering why that is...any insight would be appreciated.

Edited by SacMe24

59 minutes ago, SacMe24 said:

For those of you who JUST got their lic. number.... is the expiration date Sept. '18?? Mine is and I'm wondering why that is...any insight would be appreciated.

For engineers and surveyors in California, renewals occur on a quarterly basis and your first one will generally be the first quarter immediately following your initial license date.  Highly depends on the actual date of initial licensure.  California Board is in the minority as far as boards go, including the initial term of licensing in with the application fees and does not require a separate fee to be paid for initial license.  Enjoy this and every 2 years afterwards.

27 minutes ago, pjavery said:

They want more money from you ;)

You're probably correct....

17 minutes ago, CAPLS said:

For engineers and surveyors in California, renewals occur on a quarterly basis and your first one will generally be the first quarter immediately following your initial license date.  Highly depends on the actual date of initial licensure.  California Board is in the minority as far as boards go, including the initial term of licensing in with the application fees and does not require a separate fee to be paid for initial license.  Enjoy this and every 2 years afterwards.

Thanks !... do you know if being a new licensee I'm also subject to the "new" rules concerning the assessment ? Reading through another post here it doesn't appear that it has been implemented yet.

3 hours ago, SacMe24 said:

Thanks !... do you know if being a new licensee I'm also subject to the "new" rules concerning the assessment ? Reading through another post here it doesn't appear that it has been implemented yet.

You will be once the assessment is implemented.  Probably not by September this year.

Guest Mevt
1 hour ago, CAPLS said:

You will be once the assessment is implemented.  Probably not by September this year.

So we have to renew every three months!?

16 hours ago, Guest Mevt said:

So we have to renew every three months!?

No.  Renewals are every 2 years on a quarterly basis

Results are out for seismic exams taken in May!

I passed seismic on this go around, and have already passed the 8-hour and survey exam. Do i need to do anything else before the license is issued?

Guest Berkid
16 hours ago, BLab said:

Results are out for seismic exams taken in May!

I passed seismic on this go around, and have already passed the 8-hour and survey exam. Do i need to do anything else before the license is issued?

Wait results are out?? I haven’t gotten anything.

2 hours ago, Guest Berkid said:

Wait results are out?? I haven’t gotten anything.

I would check your spam folder. But mine came in yesterday.

Mid-July. No exact date to be provided.

On 7/12/2018 at 11:32 AM, leggo PE said:

Mid-July. No exact date to be provided.

ITS ALREADY MID JULY!   Ok, I got that out of my system.

5 hours ago, RMJ515 said:

ITS ALREADY MID JULY!   Ok, I got that out of my system.

Did you get your results? I saw in another thread here on EB that many got them later in the day when I posted that reply. Check your spam folder!

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.