WRE Crossfit

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joshua Kogan

Reaction score
*** TRY FREE WRE PE SAMPLE PROBLEMS ***

Okay everyone, I've been creating sample WRE PM problems, and digitizing them to ultimately sell on my BRAND NEW site (www.wrecrossfit.com); however, I will be posting free sample problems as well.  I just posted 4 problems today, and would like to hear feedback, as well as gauge interest in more problems.  I plan to load the site up with a significant amount of free problems (and other helpful resources) to get the ball rolling. 

Please let me know what you think with some feedback here!

Last edited by a moderator:
I would want to see a solution set (4 answer choices). Also on Problem #4 (the Tidal Bore problem, there are two #4's), keep in mind that the PE exam does not ask for two solutions within one problem, you're asking for velocity and sub or supercritical flow. Maybe you just identify these as "concept Problems" or something like that. Let the user know they are more in-depth than the test, but are testing comprehension.

I like what you did here, Joshua.  I agree with John's idea to provide 4 possible solutions to choose from.  This can be helpful because it's not uncommon to work backwards from the possible solutions, or to use the possible solutions to check ballpark estimations before performing all calculations.

Thanks, John and Tim.  Great points!  I will definitely make some changes this week, as well as add some more problems.  Thank you so much for your feedback.

Back