Notes/ Material by Dr. Shahin A. Mansour

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

InternetUser

Reaction score
Hello Everyone!

I am looking for real life reviews for study material written by Dr. Shahin A. Mansour. There are few selling on Amazon and have very good reviews, for example http://www.amazon.com/Transportation-Module-Breadth-License-Supplement/dp/1940409012/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top?ie=UTF8 and http://www.amazon.com/Transportation-Depth-Civil-License-Supplement/dp/1940409659/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_sims?ie=UTF8. There are not many reviews, so I was wondering if anyone had personal experience with this material? I guess what sold me is few reviewers mentioned that material had most important tables included so there were no needs to open any reference books...

By the way, I found prices on official web site for that author to be cheaper than Amazon.

His book is great if you are going to try to learn this stuff on your own. In fact, I would garner on saying it is a really good investment if you were going this alone. There are a lot of great practice problems, and most charts and equations you will need for the exam are in the book (not all, you still need the required references). However, if you plan on taking a review course, like say for instance ...... I dunno ..... [SIZE= 18px]EET[/SIZE] .... you do not need this book.

I sat through a bunch of his review courses, and I found them to be a little all over the place. I would not recommend those.

I did self study for the Transportation PE Exam. Coworkers gave me study materials from School of PE, Test masters, and PPI. I purchased the Mansour afternoon books since the reviews were pretty good. I can only attest to the Transportation depth module since I only bought that bundle, but aside from the references I only used his books. The only time I used the references were to look up qualitative questions. He lays the book out in an easy format and has all the possible tables, figures, and equations you could use in one section. I did find a typo here and there, but any confusion was quickly addressed by him. The practice exams he provides were in similar difficulty to the actual exam as well (harder than NCEES practice exam, but easier than Lindbergh practice exam). His free weekly sessions for both breadth and depth were very helpful. I passed the exam and I would recommend his books for self study. 

I did self study for the Transportation PE Exam. Coworkers gave me study materials from School of PE, Test masters, and PPI. I purchased the Mansour afternoon books since the reviews were pretty good. I can only attest to the Transportation depth module since I only bought that bundle, but aside from the references I only used his books. The only time I used the references were to look up qualitative questions. He lays the book out in an easy format and has all the possible tables, figures, and equations you could use in one section. I did find a typo here and there, but any confusion was quickly addressed by him. The practice exams he provides were in similar difficulty to the actual exam as well (harder than NCEES practice exam, but easier than Lindbergh practice exam). His free weekly sessions for both breadth and depth were very helpful. I passed the exam and I would recommend his books for self study. 
Whoops I meant Lindeburg*

Hello Everyone!

I am looking for real life reviews for study material written by Dr. Shahin A. Mansour. There are few selling on Amazon and have very good reviews, for example http://www.amazon.com/Transportation-Module-Breadth-License-Supplement/dp/1940409012/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top?ie=UTF8 and http://www.amazon.com/Transportation-Depth-Civil-License-Supplement/dp/1940409659/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_sims?ie=UTF8. There are not many reviews, so I was wondering if anyone had personal experience with this material? I guess what sold me is few reviewers mentioned that material had most important tables included so there were no needs to open any reference books...

By the way, I found prices on official web site for that author to be cheaper than Amazon.
so, which would be the recommendation of the two?  The Module Breadth or the Depth Civil?  I see you can download from PassPE.com the Transportation Engineering Module.  Is this the same as the one listed for sale?

so, which would be the recommendation of the two?  The Module Breadth or the Depth Civil?  I see you can download from PassPE.com the Transportation Engineering Module.  Is this the same as the one listed for sale?
I definitely recommend the Civil Depth as it helped me tremendously on the afternoon portion of the exam. I can't speak for the Civil Breadth as I did not have those books. 

I ended up not buying these material based on it being per November NCEES 2014 Exam Specifications while there were changes starting 2015.

I ended up not buying these material based on it being per November NCEES 2014 Exam Specifications while there were changes starting 2015.
They have updated material on their website. The books I bought were updated based on the new 2015 specifications and all of the books were correctly referencing the new specifications. 

I definitely recommend the Civil Depth as it helped me tremendously on the afternoon portion of the exam. I can't speak for the Civil Breadth as I did not have those books. 
Hi, it will be my first time taking the Civil PE in April 2016. Graduated from B.S. Civil in May 2015.

Which Mansour book do you recommend out of these two? http://www.passpe.com/products/materials.html

I was thinking to purchase either a) Transportation Module (Breadth AM + Depth PM) Package #1 OR b) Civil Breadth Reference Manual 

I started to look at the Lindenburg book but I am getting overwhelmed with all the material and it seems difficult to understand and grasp. So I came across this forum and others recommending these books. They are up to date with the latest NCEES guidelines, correct?

Also, where can I get practice exams by NCEES (for free or by paying for them)

Would appreciate any advice, recommendations, or help you can provide.

Thanks,

Hi, it will be my first time taking the Civil PE in April 2016. Graduated from B.S. Civil in May 2015.

Which Mansour book do you recommend out of these two? http://www.passpe.com/products/materials.html

I was thinking to purchase either a) Transportation Module (Breadth AM + Depth PM) Package #1 OR b) Civil Breadth Reference Manual 

I started to look at the Lindenburg book but I am getting overwhelmed with all the material and it seems difficult to understand and grasp. So I came across this forum and others recommending these books. They are up to date with the latest NCEES guidelines, correct?

Thanks,
Also, forgot to mention i am taking the transportation PM portion

Thanks,
I would purchase Transportation Module (Breadth AM + Depth PM) Package #2, it is cheaper by $106 and has 2 more books (reference supplement/practice exam and the NCEES practice exam). I would also purchase the Civil Breadth Reference Manual; especially if the combined total of these books are $344. The site description is not updated, but his books all have material based on the new references (the package images you can barely read it, but it says "Per 2015 NCEES Exam Specifications"). I purchased my books from the same website and the full price last September and received it 2 days later (he is in CA and I live in VA). Make sure you attend his office hours webinars, you can ask questions or follow along as others as questions. He is helpful even if you ask him about material that isn't his. 

I would purchase Transportation Module (Breadth AM + Depth PM) Package #2, it is cheaper by $106 and has 2 more books (reference supplement/practice exam and the NCEES practice exam). I would also purchase the Civil Breadth Reference Manual; especially if the combined total of these books are $344. The site description is not updated, but his books all have material based on the new references (the package images you can barely read it, but it says "Per 2015 NCEES Exam Specifications"). I purchased my books from the same website and the full price last September and received it 2 days later (he is in CA and I live in VA). Make sure you attend his office hours webinars, you can ask questions or follow along as others as questions. He is helpful even if you ask him about material that isn't his. 
I have heard his course books are good. Did you use the Transportation Depth PM book? It includes alot of the reference tables. Did you use the reference codes or just the book during the example?

Just bought both - his BREADTH and Transportation DEPTH books. I will start studying sometime next week - but it looks like everything is very well organized. It MIGHT need more practice problems, but can't judge as of now.

Latest posts

Back